Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!
BackyardEOS and BackyardNIKON support 3 providers for displaying the ambient temperature, humidity, and dew point.
Follow the instructions below to configure your weather center provider.
A TEMPerHUM device sells for about $20 on eBay; BackyardEOS supports TEMPerHUM versions 1 and 2.
1. Plug the TEMPerHUM device in a USB port.
You do not need to install the drivers that came with it.
2. In BackyardEOS, open the Settings dialog and set the Weather Provider to ‘TEMPerHUM’ or ‘Auto detect’.
3. Click the Save button to close the settings window.
2) Yahoo RSS feed
1. Open your browser and go to http://weather.yahoo.com.
2. Enter your location and hit enter.
3. Look in the URL address bar; the numbers at the end is what yahoo calls a WOEID (Where On Earth ID).
4. In BackyardEOS, open the Settings dialog and set the Weather Provider to ‘Yahoo’ and enter the WOEID in the Yahoo WOEID field.
5. Click the Save button to close the settings window.
Here is an example (in this case the WOEID is 24002902)
NOTICE: Yahoo has made breaking changes to their API in February 2016. As a result BYE/BYN is no longer able to provide Yahoo as a weather source. This feature is be removed in a future release
3) Text File Delimited
1. Open the Settings dialog and set the Weather Provider to ‘Text File Delimited’ or ‘Auto detect’.
2. Click on ‘Text File Mapping”
3. Select a text file containing the weather information. BackyardEOS will read the last line only! This allows for cumulative weather information in the same file over time.
4. Enter the start position of each field and the number of characters to read from the start position. The reading box will show the result instantly.
5. There is no reading required for dew point. This is because the dew point is calculated from the temperature and humidity level.
6. Select the readout unit in the file; Fahrenheit or Celsius.
7. Click the Save button to close the settings window.
Link to comment
Share on other sites
Top Posters For This Question
Top Posters For This Question
admin 11 posts
astroman133 7 posts
s3igell 4 posts
AaronSmall 3 posts
May 2 2016
Dec 5 2018
Dec 6 2018
Feb 12 2016
In addition to using all the resources which Guylain and Rick responded with above, I've always resorted to the following Localized Tools: "Licked Finger" and "Tossed Sand" (No Grass Blades in the AZ
BackyardEOS and BackyardNIKON support 3 providers for displaying the ambient temperature, humidity, and dew point. Follow the instructions below to configure your weather center provider. 1) T
This is usually a sign of lingering issues with Security Permissions on your Win10 Installation (possibly due to something about how your User was configured before the Win10 Upgrade was performed).
35 answers to this question
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.