Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

T-Ring Adapter Question

CoyoteTelescope

Question

First, if this has been answered else where I apologize.  I made a lot of searches varying up the wording, but I couldn't find anything remotely related.

I am new to DSLR imaging, and I have a Canon 6D and a Bower branded T-ring.  There is "play" in the T-ring so the camera body moves slightly.  You would think that it would be a tight ridged fit like the DSLR lenses are when mated up.

Are all T-rings like this?  Is there a brand out there that is better than the others?  

I appreciate any guidance!

Thanks In Advance!

Darryl

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 answers to this question

Today I received my Baadar EOS T-ring.  They have different versions.  I bought the one that had the built in clear optical glass. It also came with a 2in nose adapter as well. There is no slop in the fit unlike the Bower.  It fits exactly like the EF lens does.  It also is threaded to accept filters as well.  Well engineered, and feels solid.

Thanks to all for your input!

-DH

I appreciate all the help.  I ordered a Baadar EOS T-ring after much research.  From everything I have have read there is no play in the connection (supposedly high tolerance machining) and it is a very versatile system accepting 2" filters (mounted and unmounted) along with 2" nose pieces, and can switch from 48mm to 42mm.

Once I get it I will let everyone know what I think of it.

Archived