Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

BackyardEOS 3.1.14 Lockup and Save Settings Problem

JTWaters

Question

I am in the process of selling my T3i and a prospective buyer wants to see a Dark Frame to see how much background noise is in a 5 minute exposure.  I connected the T3i to my laptop and fired up BYE and set it to take 1ea 300 second sub.  I didn’t notice the camera was set to ‘P’.  BYE beeped and displayed ‘Make sure camera is set to MANUAL, turn dial to M’ in the View Log History display.  At this point BYE locked up.  Turning the camera to Manual didn’t fix the lockup.  Clicking and holding the ABORT button for a ~10 seconds didn’t fix the lockup.  I had to close BYE down and restart.

Abort Delay was set to 0.  I changed Abort Delay to 2 clicked APPLY and then SAVE and nothing changed.  BYE still locked up.  When I went back and checked ABORT DELAY it was set back to 0.  Clicking APPLY and SAVE didn’t save the changes.  I can reproduce these problems. 

I am running Win7 Professional and the camera FW is 1.0.3.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, JTWaters said:

Are there 2 bugs here?  I changed the value of ABORT DELAY clicked APPLY then SAVE and the new value entry wasn't applied.

This has been reported over a dozen times already.  It's a Windows security issue caused by a Windows update.  Your only recourse is to re-install in a new folder; this will cause Windows to apply the correct security profile to the install folder.

Regards, 

I am able to duplicate this behavior with BYE 3.1.14 and my T5i.

It appears that BYE discovers that the camera is in Program mode, but starts to time the exposure anyway. The estimated time to finish is shown as the current time and the progress spinner is spinning. The Abort button does nothing because no exposure is actually being taken. I had to shut down BYE by clicking on the Close button and then answer yes to the popup dialog...

BackyardEOS is currently busy capturing images. Are you sure that you want to quit?

Archived