Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Nikon D60 Bulb function question.

mgamboa

Question

Hi Team

I'm trying to use my nikon d60 is working fine just when i try to use the bulb function to take more longer exposures is tell me that i need to configure the serial cable to choice the the bulb or mirror lock also i notice i have the camera usb connection and if i click there i can se a dusbd60 i believe this one is the same usb connected to the camera because i make a test and doesn't get any error at all but when try to shoot is get same error is a special way to setup the camera to accept the bulb option?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 answers to this question

Please take note that the D60 is not supported.

https://www.otelescope.com/index.php?/store/product/4-backyardnikon-10-premium-edition/#cameragrid_bookmark

However, if it does connect and does allow you to take pictures it might just work.  But like you noticed you need a serial cable to take bulb images in addition to the regular usb cable.

Do you have a serial or DSUSB cable from Shoestring Astronomy?  

Regards, 

Hmmm, according to the Nikon Camera Support Grid, the D60 model is not supported by BYN. That usually means that Nikon has not provided the software to support PC communication with the D60.

However, if BYN does work and you are able to take short images, then you should probably read the User Guide for how to configure the DSUSB serial cable for Bulb exposures. Open the User Guide and search for "serial cable".

If you are manually triggering the Bulb Exposures via a Wired Remote, then the DSUSB device would do the same thing AND allow all of this to happen directly under BYN Control.

But, it sounds like you are at least now able to perform Long Exposure AP Imaging.

Archived