Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Focusing using a full image

asricart

Question

It has happened to me several times that I think that the photo is focused and it is not completely so. I have used recently the loop function with the full focus taking a smaller star for 10 seconds. It worked well.

What i have been missing is the statistic that are on the right hand side of the focusing tool. 

Is it possible to have full image to focus with the additional tools that are in the focusing tools.

Thank you in advance for the answer and support.

PS I am a great supporter of BYE

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 answers to this question

Are you planning to include the frame and focus with a full picture? It will really help focusing specially with longer exposure

A "Full Screen" or even "Full Picture" does very little to help attain Critical Focus.

Most Optics have Aberrations in the Corners (even with a Field Flattener or Coma Corrector) which make these areas relatively Poor Choices on which to focus much scrutiny during Focusing Efforts.

Frame&Focus mode allows you to perform Snapshots  - Exposures of User Selectable Duration and User Selectable ISO.

Is it possible to have full image to focus with the additional tools that are in the focusing tools.

If you use the Premium Version, then you can check the Focus Metrics for a Star in the Full-Screen display by simply Right-Clicking the Mouse near the desired Star in the Image.

Thank you bote for the answer.

Are you planning to include the frame and focus with a full picture? It will really help focusing specially with longer exposure

I will check over the weekend the option of the stats.(second post)

I am confused by your question.

You said "Are you planning to include the frame and focus with a full picture?".  The image that is displayed on the Frame & Focus screen is a full image.

Is your question, instead about the ability to measure and display focus metric information on the imaging screen...If so, I would call this "focus monitoring" or "focus tracking".

There may be something like focus monitoring in whatever version of BYE implements automatic focusing.

If you have a request to the developers to add a new feature to BYE, you should write up the request in the "Feature Suggestion Box" forum.  But before doing so you should read through the previous posts to make sure that  your idea has not already been posted by someone else.

Sorry that my question were not clear. 

I was confused then. I thought that the image in "frame and focus" had less resolution than the picture taken in "imaging tab". If that is the case i need to understand why i don't manage sometime to focus correctly.

Archived