Jump to content

Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!
  • 0

Light Frames & Calibration Frames Problem


Question

I just did a reinstall on BYEOS yesterday. Did some Milky Way images last night then came home and did my Calibration frames, none of them were the same size for some reason, and DSS will not stack frames that are not the same height and width.

Everything was set for 15 seconds at 1600 ISO Canon T7i...Never seen this before using this program.

 

Any suggestions as to what happened here?

 

Thanks,

 

Rod

Frames.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

The overall size does not need to be the same. You need to look at the metadata of the images to compare the width and height of the image area.

If the image dimensions are different then it is likely a camera setting that was changed. BYE takes the image and downloads it. The dimensions are determined by the camera.

You also did not say what version of BYE you are using, per the orange banner at the top of the forum page.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
36 minutes ago, astroman133 said:

The overall size does not need to be the same. You need to look at the metadata of the images to compare the width and height of the image area.

If the image dimensions are different then it is likely a camera setting that was changed. BYE takes the image and downloads it. The dimensions are determined by the camera.

You also did not say what version of BYE you are using, per the orange banner at the top of the forum page.

Let me run a sample thru DSS so I can see the specific error...I was assuming the download was the latest, I'll check it. i just had to do a Win 10 reinstall, so I'm just trying to get everything back in order...

hang on a sec guys, I'll get your answers...

 

Rod

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Version 3.2.2

Well, for the life of me I don't know what I did...I just did quick set of 5 each Cal frames and ran them all thru. Working fine now. 

Senior moment I guess... 😑

Sorry to bother, and thanks...Have a great weekend..!

Rodney

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

One more comment, I think what happened was I missed one of the Jpeg files in there with the CR2's That would do it.  This is a Canon T7i and the RAW setting also generates a Jpeg with each Sub...Guess they all do this not sure. I'm used to my ZWO

 

Rod

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Mako said:

One more comment, I think what happened was I missed one of the Jpeg files in there with the CR2's That would do it.  This is a Canon T7i and the RAW setting also generates a Jpeg with each Sub...Guess they all do this not sure. I'm used to my ZWO

 

Rod

 

If you get both the JPG and RAW it's because you have it setup like this.  If you only want RAW goto settings and select RAW only for image quality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Mako,

At the start of your post you said that you re-installed BYEOS. You could have installed any version. Yes, including a JPG file in the list of lights or darks could have caused DSS to display that error. The JPGs have been debayered the  RAWs have not.

Guylain,

I assumed that Mako provided screenshot to highlight that the files were all different sizes. This is normal, however the CR2 files should all include images with the same number of pixels (image height times image width).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, astroman133 said:

Mako,

At the start of your post you said that you re-installed BYEOS. You could have installed any version. Yes, including a JPG file in the list of lights or darks could have caused DSS to display that error. The JPGs have been debayered the  RAWs have not.

Guylain,

I assumed that Mako provided screenshot to highlight that the files were all different sizes. This is normal, however the CR2 files should all include images with the same number of pixels (image height times image width).

RAW files will differ in size slightly from image to image.  This is partly because a JPG image is embedded in the .CR2 files and JPG do differ in size from image to image.  The RAW data inside the .CR2 is unaffected by this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies to offer your a better browsing experience. You can adjust your cookie settings. By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link or continuing to browse otherwise, you agree to the use of cookies, our Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Use