Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Will not connect

Bullet

Question

I just aquired a new Canon Rebel T6. I can't get it to connect to my computer running BYE. Camera battery has a full fresh recharge, no EOS software running in the background, and a new (known good) USB cable. No hubs are used, it's a direct connection. Should I install the camera software first? Is there a particular connection sequence necessary? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

8 answers to this question

You haven't detailed what type of Computer you are running, nor its OS (Win10,  Win7, whether you keep it current with Windows Updates, etc)

You can always load the EOS Software - especially the EOS Utility - as another way to test/confirm the DSLR and PC and Cable. (And, yes, you'll need to make sure EOS Utility is NOT running in the background when you return to testing BYE.

Computer is an I7 Intel Processor 8 GB  RAM, running Widows 10 Pro updated with the latest update. Just d/l the latest version of BYE for EOS. I will install the Canon Utility programs and then shut them off and retry the connection. Thanks for the help !

As per previous post, please STATE the full BYE version you are using.  Saying you have the latest is not sufficient.  I've seen people claiming they have the latest, and they don't.  The only way to know for sure is if you provide the version number.

Does windows even see the camera in Device Manager?

Version 3.2.1 Premium Edition downloaded today, on the site, is there a newer version? Wher do I go to get the newest? Is there a Beta Version?

Problem is solved, I first installed all of the Canon software and got the camera to be seen on my computer via USB. Shut off the EOS Utiity and plugged the camera in and it is now connected. Thank you  😊s3igell Nuclear Fusion 😊! I should have thought about that before I wasted your valued time.

6 minutes ago, admin said:

Thank you for posting the full version number.

Glad you solved your issue.

Release Candidate versions are in the Download -> Pre-Release section.

Thanks! Going to spend the rest of the winter (Cloudy Skies) learning the software as well as upgrading my post production ability and the new camera.

PLEASE DO NOT click the "REPORT" menu/link.  This automatically sends a report email to all moderators, and they need to process this manually.  The "REPORT" menu/link is meant to report inappropriate content to the moderators.   I have a rule set on the forum that if a user repeatedly click the report link they will get ban because after a while the moderators will see this spam :(