Jump to content

Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!
  • 0

T4I Not Connecting


MarkoArsenic
 Share

Question

I am currently using a trial version of this software, attempting to connect to my laptop running a 64bit Windows 10.  When trying to connect to Backyard EOS I get an error message saying camera not found.  I went looking in the device manager and have found an error.

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Any clue as to what is up with this.

Thank you for your help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

23 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
15 minutes ago, MarkoArsenic said:

Yup, its beginning to look like camera issue, will take it to my local Henry's to see if it will connect to one of their computer  Bugger, I been planning a astrophotography session, luckily the weather has not been very cooperative. I got a 127mm refractor on loan from RASC and my HEQ5 to play with.

Camera issue confirmed, tried a different camera and it connects no problem, wonder how one could go about and make a repair, most likely no luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Please...it is a good idea to provide which version of the software you are using and also the camera model.

Also, in the future, please provide a topic that is more descriptive than your username. Something simple like "450D unable to connect" will help other users with the same issue find your thread.

If your camera supports connections via WiFi, you need to disable it in order for the USB connection to be active.

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, admin said:

The Windows driver seems messed up for some reason.  BYE can't connect to the camera because Windows does not see the camera properly for now.

This may help.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2902263/this-trick-can-quickly-fix-many-mysterious-hardware-failures.html

I have attempted this solution but it did not work, I am attempting to connect my T4I and the software version is BackyardEOSv3.1 I hope that this is enoug information.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, astroman133 said:

Please...it is a good idea to provide which version of the software you are using and also the camera model.

Also, in the future, please provide a topic that is more descriptive than your username. Something simple like "450D unable to connect" will help other users with the same issue find your thread.

If your camera supports connections via WiFi, you need to disable it in order for the USB connection to be active.

Thanks!

I am trying to connect a T4I it does not support WIFI, software version is BackyardEOSv3.1.  I have tried all of the different fixes online but nothing seems to be working.  Also, I tried different USB cables.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

There are many versions of BYE 3.1, numbered from 3.1.0 to 3.1.17. Each release contains enhancements, bug fixes, and support for newer cameras. It is most useful to provide the complete version number.

Do you see your camera listed in the Windows Device Manager after you plug it into the PC and turn it on? If not, there is no way that BYE will be able to connect with it. If it is listed, but you are still unable to connect BYE with the camera, then it may be useful to follow the instructions in the How To forum for how to submit log files for examination. You should submit them to Guylain, not by attaching them to a post here on the forum.

Other things to try...

1) replace the USB cable with a short cable (for testing).

2) If Windows sees the camera then try installing the Canon EOS Utility to see if it is able to connect with the camera. If it does connect, then BYE should connect. If it doesn't connect then BYE will not connect. Then the issue is with Windows or Canon.

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, MarkoArsenic said:

I have attempted this solution but it did not work, I am attempting to connect my T4I and the software version is BackyardEOSv3.1 I hope that this is enoug information.

Well, no, this is not enough.

Your issue is not that BYE can not connect... it is that your computer seems to have an issue with the actual camera drivers.  Until this is resolved BYE won't see the camera because Windows can't even properly see the camera according to the error message you gave in your original message.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
8 hours ago, admin said:

Well, no, this is not enough.

Your issue is not that BYE can not connect... it is that your computer seems to have an issue with the actual camera drivers.  Until this is resolved BYE won't see the camera because Windows can't even properly see the camera according to the error message you gave in your original message.

Well not sure what other information is required??, I have attempted a clean re-install of windows 10, problem is still there, for some reason my computer is not seeing this camera.  Cable is not the issue as I have used it before, could it be that my camera is the problem, how should I go about testing this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

II got the log files, thank you.  However, there is nothing in there regarding the issue.  This is because the camera is not seen by windows so BYE can't even attempt to begin the connection process because as far as it knows it does not exists :(

Do you still get the same Windows code 43 error after a clean install?

Do you try another computer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

The problem could be due to a bad USB hub/port on the PC or a corrupted driver. First, I would try a different USB port. Preferably it should be on the opposite side of the computer.

Here is a web page that may be helpful --> https://www.pcworld.com/article/2902263/this-trick-can-quickly-fix-many-mysterious-hardware-failures.html

If that doesn't work then, I would remove the battery from the camera and let it sit for 15 minutes. I would do the same thing with the PC...shut it down, unplug it from the wall, remove any battery, let it sit for 15 minutes before restarting it. Then restart the PC and try re-connecting the camera.

If the issue still persists, then you might try a different PC. You do not need to install BYE, just see if the other computer can recognize the camera. If the operating system is Windows 7 or later then the driver should already be installed.

You should have a CD that came from Canon with the camera. Installing the EOS Utility from that CD may also install an updated driver for the camera.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, admin said:

II got the log files, thank you.  However, there is nothing in there regarding the issue.  This is because the camera is not seen by windows so BYE can't even attempt to begin the connection process because as far as it knows it does not exists :(

Do you still get the same Windows code 43 error after a clean install?

Do you try another computer.

Yeah still having the same issue, I have gone as far as updating every single driver related or not, I am beginning to wonder if this could be a problem with my camera??

My laptop detects something being connected to it but it just doesn't know what to do with it. I have tried to plug other things into these USB ports, things like my phone, external HD etc.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I'm confused, you said you reinstalled Windows.  Did you re-installed Windows or just the drivers?

Did you try another computer?

Did you try to reset the camera to factory setting?

If you camera has Wifi, did you disabled it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, astroman133 said:

The problem could be due to a bad USB hub/port on the PC or a corrupted driver. First, I would try a different USB port. Preferably it should be on the opposite side of the computer.

Here is a web page that may be helpful --> https://www.pcworld.com/article/2902263/this-trick-can-quickly-fix-many-mysterious-hardware-failures.html

If that doesn't work then, I would remove the battery from the camera and let it sit for 15 minutes. I would do the same thing with the PC...shut it down, unplug it from the wall, remove any battery, let it sit for 15 minutes before restarting it. Then restart the PC and try re-connecting the camera.

If the issue still persists, then you might try a different PC. You do not need to install BYE, just see if the other computer can recognize the camera. If the operating system is Windows 7 or later then the driver should already be installed.

You should have a CD that came from Canon with the camera. Installing the EOS Utility from that CD may also install an updated driver for the camera.

I have tried different ports, and also I have tried other accessories and they all are working, I do not have the EOS utility  CD as I have had this camera for a few years, purchased if new. As I have mentioned I have done a clean windows 10 install so that should have updated and fixed driver issues if there were any. I will try the battery removal thing, at this point I would sacrifice a pig to the gods to get it to work. ;-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 minute ago, admin said:

I'm confused, you said you reinstalled Windows.  Did you re-installed Windows or just the drivers?

Did you try another computer?

Did you try to reset the camera to factory setting?

If you camera has Wifi, did you disabled it?

Yes reinstalled windows and made sure that all of the drivers up to date, I only have one laptop and my camera has no WIFI, I will try to reset factory settings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 minutes ago, astroman133 said:

You said " I have tried to plug other things into these USB ports, things like my phone, external HD etc. ". However, you did not say whether these devices functioned normally or also had issues connecting with the PC.

Did you read my post from an hour ago??

Yes sorry everything works fine when connected to any of the uSB ports on my laptop, the only thing that gives me an error is my camera, yup read your post, thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 minutes ago, admin said:

Not yet time to sacrifice a pig.

Reset the camera to factory setting and try again on the newly installed W10.

The try another computer.

If these 2 fails then it is starting to look like a camera issue.

Yup, its beginning to look like camera issue, will take it to my local Henry's to see if it will connect to one of their computer  Bugger, I been planning a astrophotography session, luckily the weather has not been very cooperative. I got a 127mm refractor on loan from RASC and my HEQ5 to play with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Could it be a bad cable? The cables from each of your cameras should be interchangeable.

If the USB port on the camera is bad, it may need to be sent to a Canon-authorized repair center. Not intended to be user-serviceable. BEWARE, if the camera has been modified for astrophotography by removing/replacing the UV/IR cutoff filter in front of the sensor. Canon will not know this and may re-calibrate the sensor. This will render the camera useful only as a bookend.

Probably moot now, but you should also be able to download the contents of the (missing) CD from the Canon web site.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
11 minutes ago, astroman133 said:

Could it be a bad cable? The cables from each of your cameras should be interchangeable.

If the USB port on the camera is bad, it may need to be sent to a Canon-authorized repair center. Not intended to be user-serviceable. BEWARE, if the camera has been modified for astrophotography by removing/replacing the UV/IR cutoff filter in front of the sensor. Canon will not know this and my re-calibrate the sensor. This will render the camera useful only as a bookend.

Probably moot now, but you should also be able to download the contents of the (missing) CD from the Canon web site.

I have tried a few different cables and they all lead to the same result, my camera has not been modified, I think that eventually I will purchase a Canon for astrophotography or will modify this one and purchase a different one for daytime photography.  I have tried to download the files from Canon and after many painful tries have figured out how to do it without a CD, same result. Next step is for me looking for a repair shop, just wondering how painful $$$ this might turn out to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies to offer your a better browsing experience. You can adjust your cookie settings. By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link or continuing to browse otherwise, you agree to the use of cookies, our Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Use