Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Telescope as default rather than Filterwheel on startup

Gordb

Question

Hi Guylain.  On a future release, is there a possibility of making Telescope as default window rather than Filterwheel on start-up?  For those of us not using a Filterwheel (which I suspect would be the majority as we are mostly using OSC cameras) it would be a convenience.

Cheers,

Gord

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14 answers to this question

I've just fixed this.  It will be in BYE 3.1.17 and BYN 2.0.10.

The oder now is Camera, Telescope, Focuser, FilterWheel.

I'm going to try an make if configurable; personally I prefer Camera, Focuser, Telescope, FilterWheel  but it looks like most of you prefer Camera, Telescope, Focuser, FilterWheel so that is the new static order until I make it configurable.

Hi Guylain.  When BYEOS starts up, to the right of the camera information window is the focuser window.  To the right of the focuser window the Filterwheel window is displayed.  These are the defaults when BYEOS is opened.  The thought is to not have the Filterwheel window displayed on startup but rather the telescope window as the default choice.

Cheers,

Gord

The default is the camera center.  all other 3 centers are optional and your screen size with dictate how many of them show up.

At the minimum you have the camera center displayed all the time.

Then, as your screen size allow you will get a second control (focuser), then a third (filterwheel), and on large screen you sill see all 4 (telescope).

That is what I meant by the order.

The buttons you see on the right of this control (top to bottom) *is* tied to the order of these controls.  Hope this makes sense.

The reason you see the filter wheel on startup is probably because your screen width allows you to only see 3 of these 4 controls.  In this case if I change the order it will do what you want, I think.

Regards, 

OK, now I understand your question about the order.

I only ever see one device displayed at a time (due to the amount of screen real estate that I allow for BYE). When I start up BYE, the device that is displayed is the Focuser. I would prefer it to be the Telescope. If that means changing the device order then I am good with it. I would put the filter wheel last.

Thanks

49 minutes ago, admin said:

I've just fixed this.  It will be in BYE 3.1.17 and BYN 2.0.10.

The oder now is Camera, Telescope, Focuser, FilterWheel.

I'm going to try an make if configurable; personally I prefer Camera, Focuser, Telescope, FilterWheel  but it looks like most of you prefer Camera, Telescope, Focuser, FilterWheel so that is the new static order until I make it configurable.

Thanks Guylain!  That’s great news!

Archived