Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Can't start Backyard EOS

jasonjeremiahbumgarner

Question

I just got a Canon T5i and decided to try out Backyard EOS.  I setup an account, validated account, and then added trial version to my cart and downloaded.  When I attempt to start the program, I enter my license key and login name, but the Backyard EOS login just stays greyed out and want do anything.  I've tried running as administrator and still no dice.  What gives?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

6 answers to this question

Thank you for not posting your license key here... yep some do.

What version of BYE did you download?

I can confirm that your attempt to validate your key has not reached the activation server, I see no evidence of that in the server logs.

Do you get an error message?  Do you see and click the validate button on the BYE license entry from?

A picture is worth a 1000 words; this has been seen, reported, and discussed in length.

The issue is 4K.  You have 2 options.

1) set your display to full HD instead of 4K

2) or download and install 3.2.2.RC2 from the pre-release download section

Regards.

Sorry, but that screen is not a login screen. It is where you enter your license key and the username/identifier as evidence to the program that you have a valid license to use the software. You only need to enter the key one time. It will be stored and used for subsequent sessions with the program. 

If your license is a free 30-day Trial license then the program needs Internet access to the OTelescope server each time you start the program for the purpose of validating that your Trial license is still valid. Once you have a purchased, permanent license access to the Internet is no longer needed.

The problem from your screenshot is that your screen resolution is too high for BYE. Setting your display resolution to 1920 x 1080 (HD rather than 4K) and the text size to 100% will shrink the text so that the Validate button at the bottom of the dialog will be visible. 

I believe that the latest pre-release of 3.2.2 includes changes to some of the dialogs to tolerate the 4K resolution.

24 minutes ago, jasonjeremiahbumgarner said:

I did enter that info and nothing.  Must be the 4k screen.

Yes, it is a 4K issue..... fonts are messed up, and you only see a part of the screen.  Do one of the 2 options I mentioned above and problem solved, I'm 100% sure about that :)