Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Target name convention (from CdC)

matkinson

Question

This perhaps is a question for Cartes du Ciel, but we'll see... I have configured BYE to store images in a directory under the target name. I use CdC to control my mount and the target is defined there. BYE has a facility to pull the target from CdC - I use this when centering on a target using the relatively new plate solving facility in BYE (which works great when focused! 😉). Now, I'd love this target name to be more than the designator (e.g. M 31, NGC 7000) and to contain the common name too. This way my directory listing would be more consumable. I realise this is a "first world problem" but I thought I'd ask. Is this possible? If CdC were somehow configured to show this target in this naming convention would BYE pull the full name over? Many thanks in advance for any pointers.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I am confused, perhaps because I do not use CdC. You said that "BYE has a facility to pull the target from CdC ". Are you saying that you would like this target name to appear differently in BYE than what comes from CdC or that only the RA and Dec are pulled, not the popular name? Can you provide examples of what is provided and what you would like to see?

I can think of numerous instances where there is either no target at the center of the image, or you want to center the scope between multiple objects. How would you expect that to behave?