Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Trial verison

clay86

Question

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

25 answers to this question

No, that is the store item name, not the exact version number.

Please make sure you download BYN 2.0.4 from the download page and make sure the windows in BackyardNIKON asking for your key says 2.0.4 in the title bar.

If you are absolutely sure you are using BYN 2.0.4 and you still get this error it means your computer is blocking the app from accessing the Internet to validate the license key.  A firewall config perhaps?

Ok, in the mean time I'd be curious to see if it would work on another computer.  If it does there it would seem something is configured on your 1st computer that prevents connection to the license server.  If it does not it could be indicative that your router may have been configured to prevent the connection.

Just thinking out loud.

48 minutes ago, astroman133 said:

How about temporarily disabling your firewall?

I shall try that indeed

1 hour ago, admin said:

Ok, in the mean time I'd be curious to see if it would work on another computer.  If it does there it would seem something is configured on your 1st computer that prevents connection to the license server.  If it does not it could be indicative that your router may have been configured to prevent the connection.

Just thinking out loud.

This is the first program I've had problem with on windows 10. 

This is not related to W10, I've on W10 for 2 years now; in fact that is what I have on my dev environment.

This is a network issue as the app is unable to reach the server to validate the license.

Keep us posted, I have had several trial keys issued and validated since your was issued so the server is accepted validation requests.

1 hour ago, admin said:

This is not related to W10, I've on W10 for 2 years now; in fact that is what I have on my dev environment.

This is a network issue as the app is unable to reach the server to validate the license.

Keep us posted, I have had several trial keys issued and validated since your was issued so the server is accepted validation requests.

I got my friend working on it. We have disabled firewall and windows defender and still same error 

Do you have another computer to try on just to see if you get the same thing?  I'm a bit troubled by this error, it should happen unless you are running an older version, which you are not according to your posts.

3 minutes ago, admin said:

Do you have another computer to try on just to see if you get the same thing?  I'm a bit troubled by this error, it should happen unless you are running an older version, which you are not according to your posts.

I've reinstalled the software once already to see if that remedy the problem. My guy ran through the registry he's thinking it's program issue.

It is possible that it could be a software issue, but i doubt it.  I had 9 trial activation today alone according to the server log.

I'm running out of suggestion.

Download again and reinstall in a separate folder.

Regards,

5 minutes ago, admin said:

It is possible that it could be a software issue, but i doubt it.  I had 9 trial activation today alone according to the server log.

I'm running out of suggestion.

Download again and reinstall in a separate folder.

Regards,

Done everything even reinstalled on a separate parition. Checked registry. Opened firewall. Still same error

We upgraded the site about 1 month ago, this includes the license server which has moved location.

BYN 2.0.3 or earlier version are not aware of the new server location and as a result will always fail trying to validate and will throw the internet required error.  This is why you need the latest version.

However, you have already confirmed you are using the latest version.

Give me about 5 minutes and I will cancel your current trial key.  Then go ahead and add a trial again in your cart for a second key; who knows,  it may unblock something.

Regards,

Archived