Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Does BYE require an internet connection to run?

Chilihead

Question

New user here.

I recently purchased a Canon 700D to get into astrophotography with my 8" EdgeHD. 

I took my laptop to work so I could spend my lunch hour playing with BYE and browsing the help file. We don't have wifi and it's a government office, so I can't connect my laptop to the LAN. After starting BYE, it would be in Task Manager, but the interface wouldn't come up. Brought the laptop back home and it starts fine.

Does it need an internet connection to run? If so, how do you run it when out in the boonies with no internet available?

It is the free trial version if that matters.

Thanks

Bob

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 answers to this question

Correct.  Trials require Internet connection because it calls home every time to check the license code.

Purchase keys do not required Internet connection.   It will try to call home but will validate locally if it can not.

Regards,

Archived