Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Download time

gianpri

Question

When it sets the exposure time of 1,6s downloading the last 16 s. If I set the time to 2.5 s download lasts 25s. If I set my time 3.5s download lasts 35 s. And so for all the decimal numbers (0,1 0,3 0,5 0,8) Why? Also in version 3.1.6.

Giovanni

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11 answers to this question

Resolved: I changed the decimal comma (,) to a period (.). The two screenshots before and after correction. Thank you
Giovanni

I just fixed this bug.  The fix will be in the next release BYE 3.1.7 and BYN 1.0.5.

Thank you.

Ciao Giovanni,

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean.  Download time is fixed per image quality (RAW, LJPG, etc.) and is not dependent on the image duration.  Can you please provide a little bit more information?

Download time in image capure or planetary imaging?

Are you using BULB or TV values?

Do you have in-camera dark substation enabled?

Thank you,

I use image capture and TV value. Do not use dark subtraction. If imposed 3.5 sec exposure  time of exposure is correct, but appears countdown 1/35, 2/35...35/35 and only occurs after downloading the image. Seeing is believing !!!

Is this a problem when the decimal separator is not the period, but the comma?  From what he is saying, three and a half seconds (3,5 with his culture setting) is being interpreted as thirty-five seconds. 

Oh, could be.  Interesting correlation.  I'm anxious to here back from the OP now.  

It appears so.  No other user has reported your symptoms.

What Windows culture setting are you using?

When you say "download time".  We think that you mean the amount of time between when the exposure ends (the shutter has closed) and when you see the image displayed in BYE. Is this what you mean, or do you mean that the exposure time is incorrect?

Can you change the decimal separator from a comma to a period in your Windows settings and test whether your symptoms still exist?

One way you can test is if you take a BULB image of 1 second and then one of 30 seconds is the download time the same?  

Another test is to take a TV image of 5 seconds and another of TV 30 seconds, is the download the same?

If yes to both test above then this is a rounding issue as Rick indicated.  This is a bug.

If this is truly a bug and I'm positive you are not the only one, it is just that no one else reported it and since it appears to only be related to TV images where there is a decimal point.

Keep us posted.

Archived