Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

binaryrivers.backyardeos.start

Wulf

Question

After installing athe latest trial version BYE does starts with the error "binaryrivers.backyardeos.start no longer works".

WIN10, latest NET verions installed.

Unintalled using unintallerpro, tried another install-dir, started as administrator

- nothing helped.

Any idea?

Best Wulf

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12 answers to this question

This exact same thing has been happening to me too.  I get the same message on a windows 7 laptop, a windows 7 desktop, a windows 8 laptop and a windows 10 laptop.  My camera is a t3i. This has been going on for more than a year now.  I haven't brought it up here as I have been pursuing other alternatives to operating the camera.  I wanted to revisit BYE. I have tried versions 314-316 today with the same result.  I've also investigated all the solutions in this post to no avail  What do you recommend? 

Thank you for everything,

Chris

You need to be more specific.  What same error message?  BackyardEOS stops responding or the backgroundwoker stops responding?  Is your computer  up do date, including.

I estimate that I have over 6000 to 7000 users and this is the second report of not responding so this is not generalized by any means... which leads me to thing it's a driver/local issue... but I could be wrong.

A stops responding error usually means a driver issue (but not always).

Send me the log files and I'll take a look.

Regards,

Thanks for the log files.

There is a few things in there, but I'm not sure what the cause is yet.

I see you keep toggling between Canon SDK drivers in BYE.  With the T3i you need to choose Canon215, the second option, always.  

I also see this error.

2016-03-18 21:04:56,408 [12] DEBUG - TAKE PICTURE ::: Shutter(MANUAL) Cable(CameraUSB) Av(f/5.0) Duration(1.0) Iso(800) Quality(IMAGE_RLF+) Mirror(0) SaveTo(PC)
2016-03-18 21:04:57,409 [12] INFO  - Running (throw): EDSDK.EdsSendCommand(CameraRef, 4, 65539)
2016-03-18 21:05:08,241 [12] DEBUG - BUSY try #1
2016-03-18 21:05:08,609 [12] INFO  - Success: EDSDK.EdsSendCommand(CameraRef, 4, 65539)
2016-03-18 21:05:08,609 [12] INFO  - Running (log): EDSDK.EdsSendCommand(CameraRef, 4, 0)
2016-03-18 21:05:08,765 [12] INFO  - Success: EDSDK.EdsSendCommand(CameraRef, 4, 0)

This indicates that the camera was not ready to take a subsuqent bulb images and reported a busy signal... and on the second try it worked... but I think this is a false positive and that errors beyond this point were caused by this initial error.  BUT, this error occurred with the camera connected with the wrong drivers, you used "DIGIC 5/6 cameras generally manufactured after 2014".  Please select Canon215 drivers and try again.

Also, goto Settings -> Advance Settngs and set Processor Affinity on, restart BYE, and try again.

Thanks for your ideas.

I tried to directly launch BinaryRivers.BackyardEOS.Start.Camera1.exe from the program folder and got the same error message....

I deleted the installation and reinstalled in a new folder

Always the same result...

Any other ideas?

Best

Wulf

The error that you are reporting is likely due to some prerequisite software that BYE needs is corrupted or missing from your system.  Of the hundreds of users who have upgraded to Windows 10, and the thousands more who run on earlier versions, nobody else has reported your symptoms.

Are you running BYE from the same account that was used to install it?

Can you provide a screenshot of what you see when you try to start BYE.  Is it the standard Windows "... <application> has stopped working...searching for a solution" error message from Windows?

Yes, the standard Windows message comes up (do not know how to paste the screen shot into this massage).

I installed the 3.5.1 trial version and run it from the same account I used to install.

May be there is an effect due to the german Windows 10 system?

W10 language should be irrelevant so I doubt a German W10 is the cause.

I would like to login to you computer for remote debugging.  

Please send me an email at support@otelescope.com and we can take it from there.

Regards,

So I took the advice, and it seems to have work.  I say "seems" in that I took a few mock images every so often and reopen and closed the program to the point that I killed both batteries on the camera.  During only one of these sessions did I get the same error message.  One thing about it that you may find from the log files is that these error messages seem to be random.  What do you think?

Chris

When you do planetary recording it is important to not close the application until the avi encoding is complete.  Though the background worker stays alive for a few minutes after you close BYE, if the encoding takes longer you may not get your final avi.  When this happens you still have access to your jpgs so you have not lost anything.

regards.

Archived