Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

License fault error!

chaos82622

Question

I have used this account before BackyardEOS 3.1 Trial Edition, now I purchased BackyardEOS 3.1 Premium Edition.

Re-download and install the software, I can not start BackyardEOS, an error window "License fault error!", Prompt "(c: INACTIVE_USAGE_ID) - The key provided has been deactivated for this computer Please validate your key again"

please help me!

post-10231-0-23059400-1451288430_thumb.png

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13 answers to this question

This was a tough one to find.  It was related to having a Chinese character in the user's profile and the activation server failed on that character.

Thank you for letting me login remotely to you computer, it made it much more easier to find the root cause and fix it.

I'm glad you can use BackyardEOS again.

Regards,

My guess is that you were still using your expired trial key.  Purchasing a key does nothing if you do not let BackyardEOS installed on your computer about your new key.  You need to cllick the padlock icon in the upper right corning in BYE and enter your new key there.

It looks like you did just that after posting, I see that your purchase key was activated a few hours ago.

Regards,

My trial key has expired.

I re-established an account, purchased a trial key. Using this trial key can start BackyardEOS. Then I follow your method replaces this account of my Premium Edition key, and successfully launched BackyardEOS. BackyardEOS can be used normally.

I guess not start BackyardEOS reason is because the trial key expires and a new Premium Edition key conflicting caused.

My guess is that you were still using your expired trial key.  Purchasing a key does nothing if you do not let BackyardEOS installed on your computer about your new key.  You need to cllick the padlock icon in the upper right corning in BYE and enter your new key there.

It looks like you did just that after posting, I see that your purchase key was activated a few hours ago.

Regards,

Sorry, The problem came back.

When closed BackyardEOS a little time, I still can not start it.

Still prompt "License fault error!"

Hi, I see the error on the activation server.

Please send me an email to support@otelescope.com and I will send you direct instructions on how to reset your license on your computer.

Sorry for your trouble.

Regards,

I'm sorry, I just used the wrong e-mail to send you a message.
I have used this account to send you the correct mailbox for help information.
please help me.

I just did a hard reset on your key and sent you instructions via email to fix it.  Please keep my informed immediately if this happens again.  It is not suppos to happen with purchase keys.

Regards,

Hi, I follow your method of operating, but the problem still exists.
I've sent an email to support@otelescope.com seek your help.

This was a tough one to find.  It was related to having a Chinese character in the user's profile and the activation server failed on that character.

Thank you for letting me login remotely to you computer, it made it much more easier to find the root cause and fix it.

I'm glad you can use BackyardEOS again.

Regards,

Thank you for your remote assistance, help me solve this problem.

I am pleased to be able to use BackyardEOS again, the software design is excellent.

Thanks again.

Archived