Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

T6i and BYEOS 3.1.5 wont connect

Gvs

Question

Well, having trouble using BYEOS (newbie here).  I am unable to connect BYEOS 3.1.5 to a Canon 750D (T6i).  I have used three different cables that do work with a T2i.

OS is Windows 10.

If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it.

The log states:

20:52:56  Licensed to ..... (my name)

20:53:03  Attempting to connect camera...
20:53:03  Canon drivers 'Canon\' initialized.
20:53:03  Camera Not Found!  Make sure it's connected to the PC and turned ON :)
20:55:41  Attempting to connect camera...
20:55:41  Camera Not Found!  Make sure it's connected to the PC and turned ON :)
20:58:06  Attempting to connect camera...
20:58:06  Camera Not Found!  Make sure it's connected to the PC and turned ON :)

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18 answers to this question

Thanks Guylain.

I did uncheck the "force serial cable" and reset the configurations to their default values.  This allowed the system to work properly.

Yes this Solved.

And I do owe you a beer and more.   Let me know when you are in Texas.

I have unistalled the previous version and installed the version you provided with the link.

No difference.

We tried using the T2i and got the following error after successfully connecting and testing drift alingment and focusing without issues.

21:35:42  Your camera requires a configured serial cable for BULB or Mirror Lock.

With your T6i, does Windows 10 recognize your camera when you connect it and power it on?  It should be listed in the Windows Device Manager (launch from the Control Panel) once the low-level Windows driver has been loaded and initialized.  If Windows does not recognize the camera and load the low-level driver then BYE will not be able to find and connect with the camera.

You also need to make sure that WiFi connectivity is disabled in the camera's menus since having the WiFi enabled will prevent Windows from connecting with the camera via the wired USB connection.

The first thing to do is to confirm the camera is connecting to EOS Utility.  Once this is established BYE will connect.

Please install EOS Utility and try connecting your T6i.  Does it connect to EOS Utility?  If no you need to solve this first. 

Please report your findings.

Regards,

After disabling Mirror lock on the T2i the log shows:

12:20:03  Licensed to Gvs
12:20:18  Attempting to connect camera...
12:20:18  Canon drivers 'Canon\' initialized.
12:20:20  550D-T2i CONNECTED!
12:20:43  Camera SHUTDOWN!
12:20:48  Attempting to connect camera...
12:20:48  Canon drivers 'Canon\' initialized.
12:20:50  550D-T2i CONNECTED!
12:20:57  Imaging session started.

And this is the BYEOS 3.1.5 interface.

https://goo.gl/photos/PNAsSWiDzE3EwPBc9

After disabling Mirror lock on the T2i the log shows:

12:20:03  Licensed to Gvs
12:20:18  Attempting to connect camera...
12:20:18  Canon drivers 'Canon\' initialized.
12:20:20  550D-T2i CONNECTED!
12:20:43  Camera SHUTDOWN!
12:20:48  Attempting to connect camera...
12:20:48  Canon drivers 'Canon\' initialized.
12:20:50  550D-T2i CONNECTED!
12:20:57  Imaging session started.

And this is the BYEOS 3.1.5 interface.

https://goo.gl/photos/PNAsSWiDzE3EwPBc9

So all is good with the T2i and mirror lock disabled?

That little log excerpt is not very helpful.  If there is still an issue with your T2i please me the full log files.

Guylain.

Thanks for the support.

I have been able to get the T6i  to connect.  Though I'm still having issues snapping a picture with either camera.

To get the T6i to connect.,  What I had done is the following:

a) Install EOS 3 utility

B) Disable Wifi

c) Disable Mirror Lock

It then was able to connect without issues and operate in the same manner that the T2i does.

Unfortunately I am unable to get a single photo.

I will send by mail the log files.

Thank you so much for your support.

Wifi was the culprit for your T6i.  Mirror lock has no impact on camera connectivity.

Looking forward to getting your log files.  Not being able to see/take pictures should be easier to troubleshoot with the logfiles.

Please send both the regular and background worker logfiles.

We're are getting there.

Thanks Rick.  Yes I do.

Unfortunately still dont have enough time to test everything.  Hopefully this week after reviewing the instructional videos we will get it working.

Thanks all for you help.  Specially  Guylain

Thanks Rick.  Yes I do.

Unfortunately still dont have enough time to test everything.  Hopefully this week after reviewing the instructional videos we will get it working.

Thanks all for you help.  Specially  Guylain

Okay, I got your log files.

Looks like you messed up the advance settings.  I'm willing to bet a virtual cold beer that you have checked the "force serial cable" in advance settings.  Please go to Settings -> Advance Settings and click Reset Default and save.

Regards,

Archived