Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Lost my driver for BYNIKON?.

Gasman

Question

Hi Guys

I`ve been experimenting with different apps for controlling my Nikon D5500 (yes I know I shouldn`t have <_< ) . Had BYNIKON working like a dream on my little Win 10 64bit netbook and then made the mistake of trying `qdslrdashboard` which wouldn`t work without running the Zadiq application to change the windows driver which I did to `WinUSB(v6.1.7600.16385)` which enabled qdslrdashboard to work but now I`m unable to run BYNIKON and I was about to register it as its by far the best Nikon app for astro I`ve tried. So could anyone tell me which Win 10 driver BYNIKON needs to run please.

thanks

Steve

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 answers to this question

The link above from Rick is an excellent resource.

qdslrdashboard actually replaces the usb driver... and that messes everything up for most everything else.  Terrible design decision from them IMO.

You need to figure out how to reverse it.  I wish I could be of more help on this one.

Regards,

Yes a bit of a PITA to say the least. I made the same mistake last night on my obs laptop and ended up having to reinstall Windows 10 just so I could run BYNIKON (there`s loyalty for ya!).

So heres what I`ve just tried  - My obs laptop now runs BYNIKON fine so I`ve just ran Zadiq on it again to see what driver my D5500 is running before changing drivers and it shows my present WORKING driver to be WUDFWpdMtp (v10.0.10240) if indeed that is a driver but thats what it says it will change if I proceed which I obviously won`t do. So I assume I need to do a Google search for `WUDFWpdMtp (v10.0.10240)` and try and reinstall it on my netbook somehow (ruddy computers!!)

Steve

Ps thanks for that link, wish I`d seen it first!

Archived