Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Maxim DL dither on Backyard

Riccardo.Sordo

Question

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 answers to this question

This is no integration with MaximDL for dithering.

As of BYE 3.1.5, there are 3 routes for dithering

1. PHD
  2. MetaGuide
  3. Manual (via ASCOM for those who have a premium mount that does not require guiding)

Regards,

Hi!

It would be possible to insert in the backyard a function that performs an external script or a program (at the end of the capture of Light) so as to perform dithering?

You can see this example: http: //openphdguiding.org/phd2-dither-app/

So you could do the dhitering with incompatible programs.

Spectre.

The tricky part will not be launching a program or script, but figuring out when to start the next image.

I also see it as a support issue for this group when a user asks for help because their script doesn't work the way they want it to. I would expect that the number of Maxim DL users who also use BYE would be very small, so there may be only a very few BYE users who are willing to help.

I am not saying that it shouldn't be done, just that are some issues that may not be obvious that will need to be solved.

The only way this would work is when a script is called it needs to be called synchronously.  The session plan execution would be halted until the script is done.  If the script freezes then BYE would wait indefinitely.  I see no other way.  If this sees the light of day there would need to be a clear visual indicator in the UI that an external script is running and BYE is waiting until it finishes its execution.

But Rick is right, this has the potential for people complaining that BYE does not work if a bug exists in the user custom external script.

Hi!

the feature may be used for other purposes future not only used with maxim.

I am convinced that many who use maxim might be interested in this function, since in my opinion the capture of light through back is much more precise and convenient.

I'm ready to be beta testers if so needed.

Archived