Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

connection

bob

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 answers to this question

Bob,

First, you are using a pretty old version of BYE.  You should upgrade from 3.0.3 to 3.1.5.  It is free

Second, the repeated error in the log file is "Camera Not Found!"

When you connect the camera and power it on, do you get any indication that Windows has recognized the camera and installed the low-level driver?

Is the camera listed as a device in the Windows Device Manager?  If Windows does not see the camera there is no way that BYE will be able to connect to it.

What version of Windows are you running? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Guy, I appreciate your help and I don't think it is bye causing my problem.

I was just hoping someone on the forum might have an idea of what is the cause

The camera does not show in manager device.

It shows no indication of connection anywhere.

I am running bye in a vista OS @ 32 bit

I cannot find where to set camera connection to( normal or pc) on XSI nor 40D

I sent you the wrong log Guy so I will show message instead.

1-EDS_err_comm_disconnect

2-EDS_err_mem_alloc_failed This error was coming up 5/6 times an evening before the camera quit.

Can you recommend someone I might take the cameras to for repair?  thanks for everything Guy, bob

Bob,

The "EDS_err_mem_alloc_failed" error is coming from the Canon SDK that BYE uses to communicate with the camera. It seems to imply that the camera was disconnected because the Canon SDK was unable to allocate a block of memory.  However, if Windows is not showing your camera(s) in the Windows Device Manager's list of devices after the camera is connected via USB and powered on, then this is not likely to be the primary cause of your issue..

Also, I misread the camera support grid. Both your cameras do support BULB exposures via the USB cable.  You only need the second, serial cable if you want to do Mirror Lockup before each exposure.  Sorry about that.

Archived