Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Nikon D800 Imagine Sessions Cancelled

ABPiecka

Question

In the past two days  my D800 is  aborting after the first photo.  It was working fine before and my D800E is working fine using same cables etc.

If I set up as session with multiple photos, after the first photo  the session is aborted and the log file states:

Imaging session cancelled

{kNkmaidresult_valueoutofbounds} (kNkmaidcommand_capstart,33560,kNkmaiddatatype_generic pr 548269588

any idea what may be wrong?  

The camera works fine normally without PC and also connects fine to BYN.  Focus/alignment etc work.

Pulled battery, re-formated chips, reset all functions I can think of.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 answers to this question

Good News..... 

I put in a newly charged battery, made sure AF was off and tried the D800 exposure sequence without a lens.  It aborted after the first exposure....  after that it worked fine.

I then put on a Nikon 24-70 AF lens and it aborted and continued to abort.

I replaced that lens with an old Nikkor-s 25mm and it worked fine.

Went back to a Nikon 14-24, 70-200, 200-400  and they all aborted.

Went back to the old 25mm and it worked fine.

Tried another old NIKKOR-S 50mm and it worked fine.

Then tried the third party cable and it also worked fine.

Apparently there is something with the newer Nikon lenses that is not allowing proper communication to the software.

I assume it will all be fine on the telescopes since there are no lenses to content with.  Up to now, I now realize, I had been using the old 25mm lens on the D800E and that is why that camera  was working.

I really appreciate everyones help in solving this....I had the camera packed and ready to ship back to Nikon.   THANKS AGAIN to ALL could not have done it without your advice.

I used a third party usb cable and now think that is causing the problem with the camera communication.  I finally got to talk with Nikon and the best they could do is that they can not talk about third party cable compatibility.

I am sending the camera to have them look at the usb communication circuit.  Should have probably known not to use third party cables on Nikon products.

I used a third party usb cable and now think that is causing the problem with the camera communication.  I finally got to talk with Nikon and the best they could do is that they can not talk about third party cable compatibility.

I am sending the camera to have them look at the usb communication circuit.  Should have probably known not to use third party cables on Nikon products.

Keep us posted.  

Many 3rd-party USB Cables are Higher-Quality than those Supplied / Sold by Nikon (or Canon or Sony or...), but its also rather easy to Buy CHEAP Low-Quality USB Cables...

No Manufacturer is likely to provide much Customer Support when ANY 3rd-party component is in the mix...

Of course, it's on YOU to NOT go the Cheap Route when buying Cables - like anything else related to your Astro Imaging Equipment...

If you are willing to spend $2000 on your DSLR and $5000+ on your Gear, then why introduce a $5 Cable into the mix??

Archived