Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Cannot open my new software for Backyard Nikon/Cannot install after downloading.

jawssdoc@aol.com

Question

I purchased the Pro version and I can see it ready to download, but will not let me install it and will not accept my license codes and I am so frustrated.

I don't under stand why this has to be so diifficult?

Gary Carlsen  jawssdoc@aol.com                    I need help online if poss

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Why did you create a new thread in the General Forum. You should have continued your existing thread in the BYN Forum.

If you are trying to enter your license key, then you have successfully downloaded and installed BackyardNIKON. Also, there is no such thing as "the Pro version". The BYN version is a 3 part dotted decimal number, like 2.1.3. Licenses are Trial, Classic, and Premium.

When you transfer your license key from the O'Telescope web site, under My Purchases -> Orders, into the BYN license validation dialog, use Copy and Paste rather than trying to type it in manually.

Oh, one other item of information. BYE and BYN licenses are not interchangeable. So if you want to use the BYN software with your Nikon camera then you MUST purchase a BYN license. Also, if you accidentally bought a BYE license then you will have to purchase a BYN license to use with the BYN app and your Nikon camera.

You keep sending messages through the contact form, you created this thread, and you created another thread yesterday. This is becoming a nightmare to follow. 

I will lock this thread, Please do not start a new thread for this issue, please use your other thread exclusively to resolve your issue, the link for that thread is below.