Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Problem installing BYE 3.2

Sukramb

Question

Hello
Unfortunately, I lost my license key for Backyard EOS 3.2.3 and the version is not listed under purchases, but I have the current version running on my PC with my user name.
Would you assist me ? Or was there any other way to install the new version? Unfortunately I don't know anymore...
Kind regards
Markus

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

It seems from your post that the title is incorrect. Your problem is not an installation issue. It seems to be a licensing issue.

You said that you "lost" your license. There is only one way that this can happen and that is if you are not able to remember the username that you used when you purchased the license. The license is stored by O'Telescope and is available to you anytime you log onto the web site with the username that you used when you purchased the license. You can see this by clicking on My Purchases -> Orders on the blue menu bar at the top of this page.

O'Telescope does not lock a license to a specific single version of BYE or BYN. If you have a valid version 3.1 Classic or Premium license for BYE then that is good for every subsequent release since that time. In my case my version 3.1 Premium license works with BYE 3.2.3.

It would seem that you have everything that you need.

Let us know if you still have a problem.

Thanks,

I'm always amaze when people claim to have lost their key, it's nothing personal. Sukramb, just a general observation. I get this 2-3 times per month on average.

All software keys purchased since 2015 are stored here on the website and available 24/7 under "My Purchases -> My Orders".

The only thing one can lose is their username/password to access their account and their software key. And in this day in age, there are so many password vaults solution that even losing a username/password is almost impossible.

4 hours ago, astroman133 said:

One thing that may have confused the OP was that the license key says it is for version 3.1, but he is trying to use 3.2.3.

ummm, that is a good point.

It may not be obvious that 3.1 keys are forward compatible and can be used as-is.