Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Changed to a new computer

Brinny55

Question

I purchased backyard eos 18 Oct 2022 and have a license key but now that I have replaced my old computer I have tried to instal it on the new one. It downloaded fine but keeps coming up with an error when I input this license key.

What can I do?

Gary Brinsden

bdg@pakuranga.school.nz

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

8 answers to this question

Gary,

If you purchased a Classic or Premium BYE license in 2022, the license is still good and there should be no problem using that license with BYE 3.2.3 on a new computer.

It would help to know the exact error that you see when you try to enter your license key on the new computer.

There are really only 2 issues that people commonly have with license validation.

1) they are using an old version of Windows that has out of date security and so cannot communicate with the O'Telescope license servers to validate the license. If you have Windows 10 or Windows 11 on the new computer this should not be the problem. The O'Telescope admins have said  that older versions of Windows are no longer supported.

2) You are mistyping the license key. Do not try to type it in, use Copy/Paste to avoid typing errors.

If these are not your issue, then you will have to provide the exact error that you are seeing. However, DO NOT post your license key in a screenshot or manually entered to this forum or any other.

1 hour ago, Brinny said:

I purchased backyard eos 18 Oct 2022 and have a license key but now that I have replaced my old computer I have tried to instal it on the new one. It downloaded fine but keeps coming up with an error when I input this license key.

What can I do?

Gary Brinsden

bdg@pakuranga.school.nz

What is the error you get when you enter your key, and what version (all three numbers 3.x.x) of BackyardEOS have you downloaded to use with your key?

Well, first count yourself lucky your key is actually hidden partially, otherwise posting your key on a public forum will get you banned :(

Second, that key ending with 20 is a trial key that expired 2 years ago.

Third, you are using a very old version of BackyardEOS with that license key window (this version pre-dates 2015) it's at least 9 years old.

Forth, you have 2 accounts, your purchase key is with your other account (not Brinny).

So, here is what you need to do:

1. Login with your purchase account 
  2. Access your purchase key + identifier from your purchased account "My Purchases -> My Orders"
  3. Download the latest 3.2.3 (or the 3.5 pre-release)
  4. Install and use your key + identifier from step #2.

Regards.

3 minutes ago, Brinny said:

Crikey I have tried everything and can not find my other account. Can you give me a clue how it might start i.e. the first couple of letters or numbers?

Your other account username is Brinny55 :)

13 hours ago, Brinny55 said:

OMG, I finally got there. Sorry to be a pain but it is years since I had to install this and had forgotten that login name. It all works perfectly on my new laptop. Can I delete that other account?

I'll delete it.