Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Unable to take Bias

StarDale62

Question

I am new to this hobby, and bought BYE in February.  I am getting the hang of the basic functions, but I can not get the program to capture Bias or Dark Flats.  I am using a Canon T4i, and I can not get the software to allow me to set the shutter to anything other than Bulb, AV, AV Flat, Program and maybe 5 choices of shutter speeds. I can not find a way to select 1/4000 sec for a bias frame.  Also can not customize a shutter speed for Dark Flats. Any workarounds seem to end up putting the images on the chip in the camera and I do not have the great information in the file name that BYE provides.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 answers to this question

Dale,

You did not say what version of BYE you have.  In the latest version, 3.1.5 (a free upgrade), I would suggest that you start BYE, but don't connect. Go into Settings and then Advanced Settings.  On the lower right part of the window, click on Delete Cache Data.  Then Save the changes and connect to your camera.  Do you have all the values now?

Let us know.

Oh I think I know.... the background worker process is still running.

Either wait about 5 minutes after you close BackyardEOS to install... or reboot before installing... or go in task manager and kill the OTelescope.BackgroundWorker process.

Any of these 3 options should allow you to install 3.1.5.

Keep us posted.

Archived