Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Is Canon EOS R10 supported?

nityanath

Question

13 answers to this question

According to the Supported Cameras list here --> https://www.otelescope.com/byecameras.html/ the EOS R10 is not yet supported by BYE. The latest pre-release was made available in  March, prior to the release of the supporting SDK. There may also be some changes that need to be made in BYE to  fully support the R10.

I am a user, like yourself, and as such I am not privy to the development and release plans of O'Telescope for BYE or BYN.

4 hours ago, astroman133 said:

According to the Supported Cameras list here --> https://www.otelescope.com/byecameras.html/ the EOS R10 is not yet supported by BYE. The latest pre-release was made available in  March, prior to the release of the supporting SDK. There may also be some changes that need to be made in BYE to  fully support the R10.

I am a user, like yourself, and as such I am not privy to the development and release plans of O'Telescope for BYE or BYN.

Thank You for quick response.

It has been several months since anyone has mentioned the R10, so perhaps some things have changed.

I have BYE 3.2.3 installed and it uses version 13.16.10 of the EOS SDK. According to Canon this version of the SDK does support the R10, but the R10 is not yet on the BYE Supported Cameras list. This could mean that nobody has a) provided some additional information that the developers need to add support to BYE for that model or b) it could mean that they need a volunteer to test a pre-release version of BYE with the R10.

Hopefully they will respond with a path forward.

Please try this download with your R10.

setup-BackyardEOS-v3.2.4-RC1-x86.exe

It won't connect the camera, but you'll get something similar to this in the log files, send me those numbers.

14:26:58  DEVICEINFO DESCRIPTION IS MTP USB Device
14:26:58  DEVICEINFO NUMBER IS 2971957769.
14:26:58  YOUR *REAL* MODEL NUMBER IS 2147484722(80000432)

Here is the information from the log file after I had tried to connect my R10 camera. Let me know if you need further information.

Thanks!

2023-08-29 16:28:08,896 [Main] INFO  - DEVICEINFO DESCRIPTION IS Canon EOS R10
2023-08-29 16:28:08,912 [Main] INFO  - DEVICEINFO NUMBER IS 2971957854.
2023-08-29 16:28:08,912 [Main] INFO  - YOUR *REAL* MODEL NUMBER IS 2147484773(80000465)

Make sure that it connects, takes still images for both RAW and JPG qualities, that LiveView works including 5X zoom, and that Planetary Mode works for downloading and creating videos from LiveView frames. Also for still images, you should be able to select the full range of exposures, as well as ISO values and f/stops when you use a lens. That exercises the majority of the camera-specific features that BYE makes use of.

I hope if there is some functionality that I did not mention that someone else will chime in.