Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
PLEASE READ ==> If you get a StructureMap or EdsInitializeSDK() error please RE-INSTALL before posting in the forum <==
Sign in to follow this  
asterix2020

Weather Centre Giving Incorrect Temp With Temphum

Question

10 answers to this question

Ultimately I think it's a bug in BYE I need to address.  The same TEMPerHUM in BYE v2 will give the correct reading while in BYE v3 it will not.  The odd thing is that I have not changed how I read the data from the TEMPerHUM in v3 so I'm a little bit at a lost as to why it reads incorrect data in V3.

I will get to it eventually... but for now my hands are tied with BackyardNIKON camera connection issues.

Thank you

Guylain

Guylain,

I am using V3 with the TemperHum and I am experiencing the same problem.

On further investigation I have found that the effect is not linear for temperature and humidity.

BYE/ºC                TempeHum/ºC           Calibration

-25.9                   -5                            +20.9

-22.7                    2.5                          +25.2 

-21.4                    7.8                          +29.2

-17.8                    19.5                         +37.3

-15.7                    26.25                       +41.95

-14.8                    28.75                       +42.55

So as long as calibration is done at the start of the session it should work.

Peter

Hi,

I seem to be having a similar issue using BYE 3.1.3 Premium, my Temp is currently 718.1C and humidity is 17274%, it doesn't quite feel like that in here.  The calibration figures do change the values as expected, however I don't have enough adjustment, and the values do seem to fluctuate a bit, just my 2c as I'm sure this is part of the same issue.

Thanks for the fantastic software!

As I said before, this will be addressed in 3.1.4. 

They keep changing how to read the data from the TEMPerHUM almost every year... so it is a bit hard to keep up.  3.1.4 should be released in 4 to 6 weeks.

Regards,

Thanks for the quick reply, it's definitely not a show stopper issue.  Not that it's critically important, but the link in post #3 doesn't take me anywhere but the forum home, otherwise I may have gleaned that info from the other thread.