Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
tnobee

Settings not being saved

Question

Problem: The settings in BackyardEOS 3.1.11 are not being saved. Here are some of the changes to the settings I made upon a startup: (1) changed display from night mode to the day mode, (2) at the Connect to camera (Canon-6D), I checked the box Remember my selection and don’t ask me again and select top most button (Digic 5/6…), (3) I checked the box Enable TCP Server (to use AstroTortilla), (4) in the Image Capture window I selected RAW and made changes to Filename template , Download folder, etc. I click Apply and Save. To invoke the Enable TCP Server I disconnected the camera and closed the program. Now, when I re-start BackyardEOS none of the settings outlined above have been saved. That is, the program starts in night mode, I have to re-identify the camera, the Enable TCP box is unchecked so AstroTortilla can’t be connected. In short none of my changes from the default settings were saved. I have repeated the event sequence, opened BackyardEOS /changed the settings/close BackyardEOS, and I have uninstalled/re-installed BackyardEOS, but the settings problem remains unresolved. I have a 2017 Dell Inspiron laptop with windows-10 and McAfee LiveSafe. I have searched the Forum for an answer without success. Is there a resolution to this problem?

1 answer to this question

This has been discussed here many times.

This is a Windows update issue where it messes up your security profiles.

Run as Administrator -OR- install in a new folder.

Regards,