Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Folders and viewing.

willcarney

Question

Had another session that had same issues.  The memory card was not in the camera this time but had same results.  I specified a separate download folder but left the other two folders as original default.  It showed the image taken but did not save the photos in the specified folder.  Saved them in the original default folder.  If I specified all three folders it did not show any images at all after each shot and still did not save the images in the specified folders.  It also did not rename any images as any names I tried to specified.  I have yet to get any names I choose to work.  Regardless of what settings I do.

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird!!  I'm having the same issues again.  Won't save to named folder.  Won't name files.  Won't copy log into clipboard while viewing log history.  Last night I spent a lot of time trying to image.  It did not save any images at all last night.  After taking one image it would be "busy" till it timed out at 179 seconds never saving any and never showing any.  I tried a number of times with same results.  I aborted the program several times only to have it lock up.  I managed to close it by clicking on the "X".  It gave me an error of "Binary Rivers Backyard Nikon Start has stopped working."  each time.  It would also not show or save a preview image.  Today I got it to save the pictures but not in the specified folder of course.

Weird!!  I'm having the same issues again.  Won't save to named folder.  Won't name files.  Won't copy log into clipboard while viewing log history.  Last night I spent a lot of time trying to image.  It did not save any images at all last night.  After taking one image it would be "busy" till it timed out at 179 seconds never saving any and never showing any.  I tried a number of times with same results.  I aborted the program several times only to have it lock up.  I managed to close it by clicking on the "X".  It gave me an error of "Binary Rivers Backyard Nikon Start has stopped working."  each time.  It would also not show or save a preview image.  Today I got it to save the pictures but not in the specified folder of course.

This is NOT the same issue.

This now looks like the camera itself is NOT firing the "Image Ready for Download" event and when this happens BYE is not notified that an image is ready for download... so it times out.

The only way out of this is to cycle the camera.  Do do this you need to remove the battery from the camera for about 60 seconds.  Turn it on again and it should work.  I'm not sure if this is a camera issue or a canon sdk issue.  I have that happened to me once in a while but very, very rarely.

Hope this helps,

Just did another test.  The only image it shows on the program is the preview.  The only image saved in the folder I name is the preview.  It did save the test shots but again under the BackYard Temp/Download folder and not the one I specified.  The copy log to clipboard does not work either.

Had another session that had same issues.  The memory card was not in the camera this time but had same results.  I specified a separate download folder but left the other two folders as original default.  It showed the image taken but did not save the photos in the specified folder.  Saved them in the original default folder.  If I specified all three folders it did not show any images at all after each shot and still did not save the images in the specified folders.  It also did not rename any images as any names I tried to specified.  I have yet to get any names I choose to work.  Regardless of what settings I do.

Did you restart BYN after you changed the folder?

I created the folders I wanted before starting BYN.  Opened BYN then connected to camera.  Then specified folders.  William

Send me print screen of the setting dialog.  I want to see to the folders to make sure I understand properly.  Looks like it may be a bug.

Regards,

Between some of the tests. I've had the camera turned off and completely unplugged.  Same with the DSUB.

As s3igell said, my instruction said to remove the battery.

Turning the camera off does nothing to cycle the camera power.

REMOVE the battery and REBOOT your computer; that is the test :)

Regards,

I'll try to do that.  It might take a few days.  Here's a couple of log files.  I don't remember what sessions I was doing but they might help.  I'll try and save a screen as well as the log file next time.  William

logfile-[20140603-00h25m35s123]-[3932]-2014-06-03.txt

logfile-[20140603-01h13m33s390]-[7952]-2014-06-03.txt

You can get a Screenshot of the Setup Screen by simply hooking the Camera (with any Lens or even just the Body Cap) to the Laptop via USB while sitting on your Desk or Kitchen Table (no need for any Scope or Mount).  Just setup a Capture Plan with at least 2 Exposures each long enough for you to work your Screen Capture software (and long enough to ensure the 1st image will actually be Downloaded and Processed before the 2nd Exposure is completed).

Did several sessions at my desk.  Through all the attempts it's now not showing any images except preview now.  Regardless what folders are specified or if card is in the camera.  If I specified all folders it only saved the preview under the right folder none of the others.  It created a download folder in the specified folder or put them in the default if I left the other two at default.  At no time did it name the pics as listed.  Only as img.  Tried just setting <target> under settings and putting a name in the plan center.  Did not work.  Not sure why it's not showing images now.  I tried several attempts shutting the camera off and restarting BN.  Also would not copy the log file to clipboard.  I had to manually click and drag then ctrl-C/V.  I did try and restart the program and camera off.  While my folders were still saved in the settings it did not use them for picture storage.  It still created a download folder in the specified folder.  William

LIGHT-TESTING.txt

log.txt

WeatherLog.txt

Here's a few screen saves and the history.

Try with EOSUtility and see if the images are downloaded.

Usually when the the error "Image download timeout, process terminated after X seconds" is thrown it is a camera issue.  It is failing to send the image.

Keep me posted on the test with EOS Utility.

Regards,

It's not even taking the pictures right now.  Shutter never fires even though the program "thinks" it is.

16:07:59  Licensed to Beta02 TESTER (support@binaryrivers.com)

16:08:01  Nikon drivers initialized.

16:09:01  Attempting to connect camera...

16:09:03  D5100 CONNECTED!

16:09:43  Imaging session started.

16:10:01  Unable to set Av, current setting is assumed!

16:12:04  Image download timeout, process terminated after 120 seconds

16:12:04  Unable to set Av, current setting is assumed!

16:14:07  Image download timeout, process terminated after 120 seconds

16:14:08  Imaging session completed successfully

This was after I rebooted the computer as well.

Will, I believe Guylain is also asking for a screenshot (correct me if I'm wrong, Guylain!), which can be done using the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard, and then pasting the screenshot (and then subsequently saving it) in Paint or any other image editing program.

It's not even taking the pictures right now.  Shutter never fires even though the program "thinks" it is.

16:07:59  Licensed to Beta02 TESTER (support@binaryrivers.com)

16:08:01  Nikon drivers initialized.

16:09:01  Attempting to connect camera...

16:09:03  D5100 CONNECTED!

16:09:43  Imaging session started.

16:10:01  Unable to set Av, current setting is assumed!

16:12:04  Image download timeout, process terminated after 120 seconds

16:12:04  Unable to set Av, current setting is assumed!

16:14:07  Image download timeout, process terminated after 120 seconds

16:14:08  Imaging session completed successfully

This was after I rebooted the computer as well.

Will, are your sure your camera dial is set to M?

It looks to my like it is set to AV.

Regards,

I did another test after rebooting the computer.  Here's some files.

Will,

Everything is working as expected with that config... which is wrong <_>

You should NOT have your download folder and plan folder in the same folder as your BackyardTEMP folder.

BackyardTEMP folder is a space for BYE to work on files.

Your download folder is where your images will be at when BackyardNIKON is done working with them.

Does this make sense?

Change your config to something like this.

Download -> "c:\BYN Images\Lights"

Plan -> "c:\BYN Images\Plans"

BackyardTEMP -> "c:\BYN TEMP"

Note that BackyardTEMP is NOT pointing to the same root folder as downloads and plans.

Regards,

Camera is set to M and single shot. No memory card, lens on M and no VR.  It was connecting yesterday and this morning but now it's not even connecting to the camera.  Don't know where the AV is coming from.  The camera is set just as I had last night and again today.

Camera is set to M and single shot. No memory card, lens on M and no VR.  It was connecting yesterday and this morning but now it's not even connecting to the camera.  Don't know where the AV is coming from.  The camera is set just as I had last night and again today.

If it worked yesterday and does not work today then something has changed since then on your conputer.  Did you do a windows update?  Driver update?  Clean up your computer? etc...

Archived