Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

BackyardEOS-log4net.txt showing up in C:\Temp directory

gmartin02

Question

Hi Guylain,

I recently rebuilt my laptop, and have just installed BYE V3.1.7.

I noticed that I am getting the log file named "BackyardEOS-log4net.txt" in C:\Temp each time I start BYE.

Note: When I installed BYE, I ran the setup-BackyardEOS-v317.exe installer from C:\Temp, so maybe that is where the app decided to create the log?

I did not see any place in the GUI to change this location, but I did notice this path in the BinaryRivers.BackyardEOS.Start.Camera1.exe.config file:

initializeData="C:\temp\BackyardEOS-log4net.txt"

Question: Is it OK if I edit the BinaryRivers.BackyardEOS.Start.Camera1.exe.config file to look like this instead?

initializeData="C:\Users\Greg\Pictures\BackyardTEMP\BackyardEOS-log4net.txt"

P.S. I did edit the file, and am now getting the BackyardEOS-log4net.txt in my preferred directory - I just want to make sure my new setup will not cause any problems.

Thanks,

Greg

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 answers to this question

Yes, it's been like that since day 1.  This is there in case the actual logger fails and no log files are created.  In this case, since no log files are created I have no means of debugging.  Log4Net is what I use for logging and this generic Log4Net log files allows me to troubleshoot the logging system in the event it fails.

I was hoping that unchecking this flag would not have this log file created... but it looks like Log4Net still creates it... but with less stuff in it.  As you said in an earlier post, this file is small even after several years of uses.

Regards,

Question: Is it OK if I edit the BinaryRivers.BackyardEOS.Start.Camera1.exe.config file to look like this instead?

initializeData="C:\Users\Greg\Pictures\BackyardTEMP\BackyardEOS-log4net.txt"

P.S. I did edit the file, and am now getting the BackyardEOS-log4net.txt in my preferred directory - I just want to make sure my new setup will not cause any problems.

Thanks,

Greg

Yes, that should work. 

Archived