Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Auto restart and connect to camera on PC boot

Andrew Cool

Question

Hi,

I want to run two 6D's in a remote environment, with no human present to click the connect button when the laptop

reboots after a power failure.

If I set up a Task Manger task to start BEOS at boot time, is it possible to have it connect automatically to the same camera that it

was previously connected to?

It should just be a matter of running the same code that gets run when the "Connect" button is clicked on?

Alternatively, I could work with a Command Line option to connect to a particular camera...

Andrew

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 answers to this question

>There is no such option right now, not even a command line option

Hi Guylain,

OK, then I'll say "Bugga!" as every good Aussie would.

However, I'll also read between the lines and note the "right now" element of your reply.

Does that suggest the possibility of adding either/or a command line or auto-connect option in the near future?

Is it possible using your API as it stands to automatically connect to a camera that the program detects?

I note that your example API program still has a big "Connect" button, but I wonder if it's really necessary.

If only 1 camera is detected, why not auto connect to it? Or have an option to do so in the settings?

I have added a Feature request for command line/auto connect.

Looking forward to v3.17... ;-)

Andrew

Hi Guylain,

With BEOS as it stands right now, if I start the program with Task manager, such that the GUI is up and the server port is open,

is there anyway of sending a "connect to camera" command via a socket to the port? There's nothing in the doco about that,

but perhaps there's more commands available than you've publicly documented...?

A friend and I are at the stage of being able to take a photo by using Socket commands, but there's still the need to manually press that Connect button.

Regards,

Andrew 

Hi Andrew,

I just implemented a connect and disconnect command as part of the API.  Please send me an email to support@otelescope.com and I'll send you a download link.

The commands simulate a button click so you need to make sure you have already selected the camera sdk drivers to use in BYE and you must have set it to remember your setting and don't ask again... otherwise the connect button click will pop the camera driver selection window and the camera won't connect.

Thanks.

Archived