Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

DUSB Cable update?

jimwx8j

Question

Does anyone know what has happened to the 'low cost' DUSB cable for the D5100 Nikon that was promised in the forum? I'd really like to control my D5100 with an inexpensive cable if possible but maybe there are other alternatives I do not know about. It is great  to be able to get a precise focus with BYN but I'd also like to get 4-5 minute exposures too.

Looking forward to your responses before I go to some summer star parties in June!

JimWX8J

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 answer to this question

If you were to use the Forum SEARCH function with the proper term "DSUSB", you would find amongst the listed Threads the following two:

DSUSB cable alternative - tested and works in BackyardNIKON

DSUSB Cable alternative (MC-DC2_USB) - User Instructions

However, you'd find that the pertinent Final Comment is:

Steve has been inactive for about 2 months now.  Please use caution.  Some orders from mid-November have not yet been shipped from what I have heard.  I have no affiliation with Steve.

I recommend that your go over Shoestring Astronomy and get a DSUSB cable instead, they are very, very reliable cables.

Regards,

Archived