Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

BYE 3.1.2 Premium Lock Up During Imaging Session

prosch

Question

For the last two nights, I've set up BYE and my Canon T2i to take a series of dark frames, These are the first attempts I've made to gather data with any of this equipment, Each morning, I've checked BYE to see how the session went and both times I found the status as "BUSY" after about 60-70 minutes of data collection. What am I doing wrong?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 answers to this question

Thanks, I got the log file.

The last command sent to the camera was the start bulb command sent at 2015-03-26 22:09:58,213 and is was followed by the success response about 200ms later and the camera sent a StateEvent event at 2015-03-26 22:09:58,432 indicating the camera started the bulb exposure.

2015-03-26 22:09:57,697 [CameraTakePictureOnMessageRecieved] DEBUG - TAKE PICUTRE ::: Shutter(MANUAL) Av(Not supported) Duration(60.0) Iso(800) Quality(IMAGE_RLF+) Mirror(0) SaveTo(PC)
2015-03-26 22:09:58,213 [CameraTakePictureOnMessageRecieved] INFO  - Running (throw): EDSDK.EdsSendCommand(cameraRef, 4, 65539)
2015-03-26 22:09:58,432 [CameraTakePictureOnMessageRecieved] INFO  - Success: EDSDK.EdsSendCommand(cameraRef, 4, 65539)
2015-03-26 22:09:58,775 [OnStateEventHandler] DEBUG - StateEvent_JobStatusChanged Fired! (inParameter=1) (inContext=0)
2015-03-26 22:09:58,775 [OnStateEventHandler] DEBUG - Items waiting to be transfered...
2015-03-26 22:09:58,775 [OnStateEventHandler] DEBUG - StateEvent_BulbExposureTime Fired! (inParameter=0)

Then about 1 second later the camera started counting each second of the exposure as it normally does and this was logged at 2015-03-26 22:09:58,775 and this was the last time the camera sent anything back to BYE.

I'm not sure what caused this but we can try a few things.  However, if the camera simply stopped responding to commands there might be very little I can do :(

First, make sure your computer and hard drive are not set to go to sleep after an extented period of time without user interaction, this will cause issues.

Second, try a different USB cable and make sure it is not loose and properly seated.

Third, go to Settings -> Advance Settings and set the Processor Affinity flag on, restart BYE and run you DARK imaging session again.

Keep me posted,

Well, we can mark camera battery off the list because everything was running on AC and we didn't have any power drops either night. I dug into the new laptop's power settings and the default was for the computer to "Hibernate" after 180 minutes. I'm strongly suspecting that as the cause of this issue because it was about 2.5 hours into each session that everything fell apart. I bumped that up by a few hours and we'll see what happens tonight. Just for grins, I checked the Processor Affinity box as you also recommended. We'll see what happens...

Thanks!

Archived