Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Camera won't connect, and it did before.

Gmeyer

Question

Windows 10, lenovo laptop. Canon Rebel 6ti, BEOS 3.1.18

It was working before, now it isn't. When I plug in camera, I get the usual Canon Utility app pop up, I click quit. then open backyardeos, and wont connect, says I need to close the utility. But it is not open. Camera connects and works with Sequence Gen Pro and APT as well. 

LOG FILES:

11:39:50  Licensed to Gmeyer
11:39:50  BackyardEOS 3.1.18 Premium Edition
11:39:54  Attempting to connect camera...
11:39:54  Canon drivers 'Canon\' initialized.
11:39:54  EOS Utility is running! Close EOS Utility and RESTART BackyardEOS

I have reloaded the utility, tried different connection wires, used task manager to check and see if canon utilities is open ( it isn't)...what to do? I have rebooted, computer several times.. do i need to uninstall backyard eos, re-install?

thanks...

gmeyer

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

There are a couple of possibilities.

1) The EOS Utility is being launched automatically when the camera is detected. In the past you may have told it to do this so it does it every time. You should be able to disable this behavior, or quit the EOS Utility, or disable the EOS Utility check on the BYE Advanced Settings screen. 

2) Uninstall the EOS Utility. If you don't use it, there is no need to clutter your hard disk with it.

3) Upgrade to BYE 3.2.0. This will not fix how Windows reacts to the camera to launch the EOS Utility, but is a good idea anyway.

Note that if you disable the EOS Utility check in the Advanced Settings, but the EOS Utility automatically connects with your camera, then BYE will still fail to connect because only one app at a time can control the camera. Your best bet is to uninstall the EOS Utility or modify Windows or the EOS Utility so that it is not automatically launched when the camera is first recognized.