Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Problem connecting to BYE with Canon 6D mark ii

jimhall

Question

I have been using BYE with a Canon 7D ii successfully for several years.  The 7D still connects to BYE just fine.  I recently added a 6D ii for the larger pixels.  It won't connect.  I have tried multiple things suggested in earlier posts.  I am running BYE 3.1.6 on Windows 10.  The 6D ii connects to EOS Utility and apparently responds to it.  It shows up in the device list as a "Portable Device" Canon 6D mark II.   I checked the Task Manager to insure that the EOS Utility was not running.  Task Manager says it is running 32 bit when it is running.  I cleared all the settings on the 6D ii.  That did not help.  Windows claims the device is working properly and that I have the latest driver installed.  I do not get the crackling sound when I try to connect in BYE.  I get the "Connection problems?" widow with four steps to follow and an outdated URL that doesn't work.  I have a fully charged battery.   If I have both the 7D ii and the 6D ii connected to the laptop simultaneously and try to connect from BYE I get a window with two choices, the 6D or the 7D.  There is a USB Port line below the camera name for each of them.  The 7D connects just fine.  The 6D gives the "Connection problems?" window.  I can close the "Connection problems?" widow and connect to the 7D.    Au secours!!

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 answers to this question

I missed what version you are reporting. BYE release 3.1.6 is pretty old. It is possible that it was released before support for the camera was added to BYE. In any case, the Pre-release version of 3.1.17RC2 has a bug fix for your camera. I would recommend that you upgrade to the pre-release version.

Great suggestion.  I uploaded 3.1.16 (as opposed to my OLD 3.1.6!!) and  the 6D ii connected beautifully!  BYE also still connects to the 7D ii.  Thanks!

BTW Can't find the prelease download for 3.1.17RC2 on the website.

Archived