Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Problem connecting to BYE with Canon 6D mark ii

jimhall

Question

I have been using BYE with a Canon 7D ii successfully for several years.  The 7D still connects to BYE just fine.  I recently added a 6D ii for the larger pixels.  It won't connect.  I have tried multiple things suggested in earlier posts.  I am running BYE 3.1.6 on Windows 10.  The 6D ii connects to EOS Utility and apparently responds to it.  It shows up in the device list as a "Portable Device" Canon 6D mark II.   I checked the Task Manager to insure that the EOS Utility was not running.  Task Manager says it is running 32 bit when it is running.  I cleared all the settings on the 6D ii.  That did not help.  Windows claims the device is working properly and that I have the latest driver installed.  I do not get the crackling sound when I try to connect in BYE.  I get the "Connection problems?" widow with four steps to follow and an outdated URL that doesn't work.  I have a fully charged battery.   If I have both the 7D ii and the 6D ii connected to the laptop simultaneously and try to connect from BYE I get a window with two choices, the 6D or the 7D.  There is a USB Port line below the camera name for each of them.  The 7D connects just fine.  The 6D gives the "Connection problems?" window.  I can close the "Connection problems?" widow and connect to the 7D.    Au secours!!

5 answers to this question