Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Looks like Windows April Update broke my Frame & Focus ISO.

Seldom

Question

This is probably a question for Software Bisque, but I thought Guylain or some other expert might be able to tell me what's going on.  Hardware involved is  a Software Bisque MyT mount, a 60Da and a Lenovo laptop.  The problem described below occured with both BYE 3.1.13 and 3.1.16.

I was out last night photographing with my 60Da and BYE.  The 60Da was connected through the MyT control panel bridge, so that the mount and the 60Da shared the final connection to my laptop.  Windows 10 Home April Update 1830 had just installed itself on my laptop.  During that session, I couldn't set Frame & Focus at an ISO higher than 1600 although I could pick any ISO up to 6400 on the Image Capture screen.  (I normally Frame & Focus at 6400 to compose and get a sense of proper exposures, then stop down to 1600 to shoot.) I tried setting the ISO to 6400 manually, by disconnecting the 60Da from BYE (but leaving BYE still running) but the control window on the 60DA said "busy", and I couldn't make the change so I just used the 1600 ISO. 

Today, I connected the laptop and the 60Da with a separate USB cable and bypassed the mount bridge and Frame & Focus let me select ISO 6400.  I then reconnected it through the mount bridge and Frame & Focus wouldn't go above 1600.  Finally, I disconnected the 60Da from the laptop and was able to manually set the camera to ISO 6400.  After that BYE Frame & Focus let me select ISO 6400.

Before the Windows 10 April update I could Frame and Focus with ISO 6400.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 answers to this question

This does not seem like a Windows issue, just a coincidence.

Try this...Start BYE - Go to Settings and Advanced Settings - Select Clear the Cache - Save - Save - Connect BYE with the camera. Are the higher ISO values available via Frame & Focus?

33 minutes ago, astroman133 said:

This does not seem like a Windows issue, just a coincidence.

Try this...Start BYE - Go to Settings and Advanced Settings - Select Clear the Cache - Save - Save - Connect BYE with the camera. Are the higher ISO values available via Frame & Focus?

Thanks, but that didn't work. When connected through the MyT's USB bridge the only ISO settings that show in Frame & Focus are 100, 400, 800, and 1600.  There is no scroll bar unless I disconnect the USB cable and manually set the ISO to 6400.  If I turn the camera off and back on again, the settings revert to 100, 400, 800, and 1600.

As I said above, a direct cable connection between the camera and the laptop shows the scroll bar, so I think the problem has to do with the MyT's internal USB bridge, and as I said, I've only seen it since the April update.

You can eliminate the bridge as the culprit by directly connecting the camera to the PC, as a test. This symptom (missing ISO values in F&F) has been previously reported by others, including myself, who are not connecting via a USB bridge or using Windows 10 (I am using Windows 7). I have confirmed that the issue for me still exists with BYE 3.1.17 RC2 and my T5i.

I restored the complete list of ISO values to F&F by selecting the Maximum Sensitivity setting, saving it, selecting a higher ISO in F&F and then unchecking Max Sensitivity in Settings.. I then have the full range of ISO values until I quit BYE.

This is a hard bug for me but apparently not for everyone.

I'll see what results I can get with the Maximum Sensitivity setting.  So far with my tinkering I've found that if I take a bogus image capture of 1 second at ISO6400 the scroll bar and full range of settings are restored in F&F.  With my 60Da, IIRC, the 6400ISO option remains as long as the camera is on.

With Maximum Sensitivity set and a bogus "Image" taken at any ISO setting at start of session the F&F has a full ISO scroll bar but loses scroll bar if BYE shut down.  Ran Device Manager on the MyT bridge -- No errors or cautions shown on it or elswhere on the Lenovo laptop.

Archived