Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Images stuck in BackyardTEMP folder

MattC867

Question

Hi,

I'm a little confused here, it's possible I'm not using the software correctly.  My images (Light, Dark, Flat) are not being saved into the BackyardEOS folder with the correct file names (<frame type><filter><iso speed><sequence> ect.).  They remain in the BackyardTEMP folder with sequential names like "IMG_0001", "IMG_0002", ect.

I have checked the settings to make sure the file path for picutres is set to the correct /user/pictures/BackyardEOS location.  Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Matt

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 answers to this question

Matt,

What version of BYE are you using?

You could try checking the "Skip EXIF Read" setting on the Advanced settings screen. In older versions of BYE this bypassed an issue that caused your symptoms for a small percentage of users.

Are you shooting RAW, JPG or both?

It is possible that BYE does not have the permissions that are required to write the images into the designated Download folder.  A peek at the log file would tell for sure what is going on.  If Guylain agrees and asks for a log file from a session when you had this issue, you should follow these instructions -->How-to submit log files for troubleshooting an issue.

Matt,

What version of BYE are you using?

You could try checking the "Skip EXIF Read" setting on the Advanced settings screen. In older versions of BYE this bypassed an issue that caused your symptoms for a small percentage of users.

Are you shooting RAW, JPG or both?

It is possible that BYE does not have the permissions that are required to write the images into the designated Download folder.  A peek at the log file would tell for sure what is going on.  If Guylain agrees and asks for a log file from a session when you had this issue, you should follow these instructions -->How-to submit log files for troubleshooting an issue.

Thanks for the quick reply Rick.  You're right about the permissions; I closed the application and ran it as administrator and now it's working fine - Easy Fix!  I'm running ver 3.16 on Windows 10.

Thanks a lot!

Matt

Archived