Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

licence key / identifier validation window hanging

funkysandman

Question

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15 answers to this question

Not suppose to be down, it is hosted on the same server as the website and this forum :)

Do you have access to the Internet on the PC you are trying to validate?

I just checked and you key is valid.

Go in c:\users\<<username>>\AppData\ and delete the file BackyardEOSv31-license.txt.

The AppData folder is a Windows hidden folder by default do make sure Windows is set to show hidden files and folders.

Keep us posted,

No you don't, but the camera should not be connected to any other software.

Does windows see the camera?

What camera model to you have and which Canon drivers do you choose in BackyardEOS when connecting your camera?

Can you please send me the log files?

Maybe I can see the exact error and perhaps catch it and fail gracefully to http until the https is fully functional in 3 to 4 weeks time.

Thank you.

Thanks for the log files.  I see this error.

2016-01-25 16:32:57,203 [Main] ERROR - The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\user\AppData\BackyardEOSv31-license.txt' because it is being used by another process.
2016-01-25 16:32:57,203 [Main] ERROR -    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes(String path, Byte[] bytes)

This is odd.  Did you try rebooting your computer?  I'm curious if 3.1.6 would work after a reboot.

Thanks

Archived