Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Save to camera not working?

purdyd

Question

I seem to recall this feature working properly but I can only get one shot before it aborts.

This is version 1.03.  I thought it might be the Nikon hacked firmware but I reverted back to factory firmware.

21:10:17  Licensed to purdyd
21:10:20  Nikon drivers initialized.
21:10:23  Attempting to connect camera...
21:10:24  D800 CONNECTED!
21:10:33  Imaging session started.
21:10:39  Imaging session cancelled
21:10:39  [kNkMAIDResult_ValueOutOfBounds] (kNkMAIDCommand_CapStart, 33560, kNkMAIDDataType_GenericPtr, 568649556)
21:10:40  Imaging session cancelled
21:12:02  Camera SHUTDOWN!
21:14:50  Attempting to connect camera...
21:14:52  D800 CONNECTED!
21:14:59  Imaging session started.
21:15:05  Imaging session cancelled
21:15:05  [kNkMAIDResult_ValueOutOfBounds] (kNkMAIDCommand_CapStart, 33560, kNkMAIDDataType_GenericPtr, 482994228)
21:15:05  Imaging session cancelled​

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 answers to this question

I just tried three different lenses and a scope.

If I use bulb mode, I can't save to camera.

If i use a shutter speed supported by the camera, I can save to camera.

So I don't think it is related to the lenses. It would appear to be a feature ;).

I wanted to use save to camera as this is a way around BYN not recognizing the black point hack files.  But if I can't use BYN in bulb mode with save to camera I can't use the Nikon hack with BYN controlling the camera,

Archived