Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

<temperature> Value in File Name Not Appearing

roodyj

Question

I am using a Canon 550D with BYEOS 3.1.5. Trying to create DARKs that will be categorized by temperature and ISO. The temperature reading does not appear in the camera settings on the main BYEOS screen nor does it appear where it should be in the file naming protocol I have defined. All the other variables including <ambient> appear in the file name. I've reloaded, rebooted, restarted all power.....still no change. When I began the DARKs series earlier today, everything seemed to work OK. Any clue to what may have happened? Any fixes?

Thank you for any help on this.

Jim

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 answers to this question

Jim,

I am assuming that the temperature that you are looking for is from the internal "sensor" temperature. 

So, first you should look in the EXIF data of your images to see that it actually contains the "Camera Temperature" variable.  Take an image and once it has downloaded, click on the Rubik's cube button to the right of image display area. This will show you the EXIF data that was in the image.

Next, you need to look at the Advanced Settings and make sure that the "Skip read Exif data" parameter is not checked.  BYE needs to be able to read the EXIF data to get the value from each image. 

You should verify that you see the temperature that was read from the camera displayed in the Camera Information Center at the top center area of the main window.  This will verify that BYE is reading the temperature from the EXIF data.

Finally, you need to verify that you have selected <temperature> as one of the information fields in the file name of your images. <ambient> is not the correct parameter if you are expecting to see the internal camera temperature in the file name.

Archived