Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Telescope Movement?

dbmcclain

Question

Hi,

New to BYEOS, and sorry if this is an old topic. Didn't find anything after a search.

I connected to my Telescope mount through ASCOM to TheSkyX and a Paramount MYT.

Dither seems to work between shots, even though it still seems a bit aggressive, e.g., 50-80 arcsec in one axis and less than 10 arcsec in the cross axis, after toning it down to an Agressiveness level of 1.

But when I click on the screen buttons to move the telescope in each of the 4 directions, nothing happens. Is this a quirk with the ASCOM driver for TheSkyX? Is there some way I can view the commands being sent to TheSkyX, and maybe spot a condition that I might be able to fix with some setting somewhere?

Cheers,

- DM

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 answers to this question

Hi, yes, I just noticed the little log notifications in the upper left of the screen. It is as you state, and apparently TheSkyX does not respond to those commands. But interesting that dither works between shots. BYEOS must be using absolute positioning commands for that.

Dither is the most important thing to have. And I found a way of placing both BYEOS and TheSkyX on screen at the same time, instead of having to switch screens, and I can switch between them easily enough from the work bar at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks! I really like BYEOS!

- DM

Archived