Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Number Sequencing Reset, File Types and libraries and Sub 1 second exposures.

Steve Gallenson

Question

Hi,

Thanks for putting this forum together. I know I will gain much from it and my recent purchase of BYE. I primarily purchased BYE to replace Nebulosity. I have found that Nebulosity adds a stretch to data that has given me some issues. 

I am use to number sequencing my image files and am most comfortable with sequencing a new acquisition series at number 1.

I have BYE 3 and read in the instructions that one can reset the sequencing numbers; I can't find where that task is accomplished.

I have another question in the imaging frame. Can a "plan" be made to capture and label files; darks, lights etc or is each line in the plan going to have to be redefined when you change the type of image acquired.  In other words, can I set up a plan to capture Lights, Darks, flats and in theory walk away (I know I have to cover the lens for dark subs and add my light box for flats. I just don't quite get the library and file naming connection. 

I usually shoot bias frames at 1/6400 shutter speed. I don't understand how to set sub 1 second exposures on BYE.

Thanks

Steve

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 answer to this question

I have BYE 3 and read in the instructions that one can reset the sequencing numbers; I can't find where that task is accomplished.

Steve

Go to settings -> image file name -> and click the [ ... ].  In there you can set the unique identifier to be a number sequence.  However, it will not reset at 1 for each session.

Can a "plan" be made to capture and label files; darks, lights etc or is each line in the plan going to have to be redefined when you change the type of image acquired.  In other words, can I set up a plan to capture Lights, Darks, flats and in theory walk away (I know I have to cover the lens for dark subs and add my light box for flats. I just don't quite get the library and file naming connection.

Yes, but as an individual plan, not a for each line item within a single plan.  The reason is simple, you have to stop and put the cap on the darks, remove it for lights, and add a light source for flats... so there is very little benefits in having all of those in a single plan.

You use the 'Frame Type' field to make the distinction... and this will be added you your file name :)

I usually shoot bias frames at 1/6400 shutter speed. I don't understand how to set sub 1 second exposures on BYE.

For bias you don't use bulb.  If you look closely that field is a pulldown and does contain all possible TV values your camera supports... all the way down to 1/6400.

Hope this help,

Guylain

Archived