Optolong 2'' CLS light-pollution filter [OPTO-CLS-2]
0 in stock
About Optolong 2'' CLS light-pollution filter [OPTO-CLS-2]
Optolong: The CLS (City Light Suppression) broadband filter is designed to improve the visibility of various deep sky objects. By selectively reducing the transmission of wavelengths of light pollutants, specifically those produced by artificial lightings including mercury vapor lamps, both high & low pressure sodium vapor lights and the unwanted natural light caused by neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (i.e. skyglow). Together with the highly transparent in main nebula emission lines at OIII (496nm and 500nm), H-beta (486nm), NII (654nm and 658nm), H-alpha (656nm) as well as SII (672nm), the filter is suitable for enhancing the contrast and details for both visual and photograghic purpose at sub-rural area.[/extract]
- Visual observation (landscape sky) - Reduces light pollution from street lighting (mercury vapor).
- Visual observation (city skyline) - An UHC-E or UHC filter is recommended.
- Silver photography - The color balance is almost perfect.
- CCD Imaging - To be used in conjunction with an IR filter.
- Digital photography (case unmodified) - Slight offset of the color balance but the contrast is improved.
- Digital Photography (Modified Case) - The color balance is almost perfect.
- Webcam / Video (planetary)
- Webcam / Video (deep sky) Very good Very interesting if the light pollution is very strong.
Shipping options and prices may vary depending on the total value of your order. Your final shipping price will be determined at checkout.
Options shown are based on your estimated location.
$24.00 USD - [zus] USPS Ground Shipping (7-14 days)
Size0 in × 0 in × 0 in