Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Video presentation on BackyardEOS -> 2 hours 40 minutes long.

admin

Question

I presented BackyardEOS on "The Astro Imaging Channel" Sunday September 14th 2014.

I covered pretty much all major features in BackyardEOS during the presentation.

The presentation is available on YouTube.

BackyardEOS Video Index (as compiled by Jerry_K)

0:03:10 -> Connecting camera
0:07:00 -> Capture plan
0:20:00 -> Zooming on image in Image Window
0:22:00 -> Zooming on histogram in Image Window
0:26:20 -> Remotely focusing camera lens and Understanding focus parameters
0:55:55 -> Understanding Histogram
0:59:45 -> Grading/Classifying Images
1:02:24 -> Previewing Images
1:03:48 -> PHD Dithering & BackyardEOS
1:08:30 -> Astrotortilla & BackyardEOS
1:36:00 -> Planetary Imaging
1:54:10 -> Drift Alignment
1:59:35 -> Running 2 cameras and 2 BYE simultaneously
2:06:20 -> Log File
2:12:10 -> Preview of v3.1 RC5
2:25:00 -> BackyardNIKON preview

Thanks for watching.

16 answers to this question

Guylain, thanks for the tutorial. I can't believe how much I have learned just by watching 1st half an hour! I didn't know that I can focus my wide field lenses with BYE, incredibly helpful. Thanks a million,

Jerry

BTW, where do I get BYE 3.1 CR5 that you had on video? :)

Thank you all for your kind words.

When I do a presentation with an audience it usually takes me about 4 hours.  Even though this pod cast was only 2 hours 40 minutes I managed to cover a lot of the main features and then some.

Thanks for watching!

Regards,

Just wanted to say this tut got me over the line to make the purchase.

The level of support offered to your customers by doing this gave me the confidence to pull the trigger.

As a now brand new user, the time and effort applied in this area is very much appreciated

Great video thanks for posting.

I have been using BYE for 2 years now but I've learnt new things tonight watching this! Especially as I have just started using 3.1 and want to try out Astrotortilla too.

I'm even tempted to buy another scope and have a go at planetary imaging, having spent all my time on deep space targets up till now.

The explanation of planetary image capture with BYE was very useful.

Chris

I watched the first video tonight, and I learned a bunch of things I didn't already know. Thanks much! As being a programmer as well who is into Photoshop, I am really impressed with what you have done in this niche.

Thank you very much for the kind words.

I'm only half way through the video and I'm getting really excited. I've used BYE for years and never really learned anything about it except for snaps and exposures. I knew there was more to it but didn't think any of that applied to me - wow, did I change my mind.

This isn't so much a video about BYE itself as a wide ranging instruction video on astrophotograpy as it stood when the video was made. I knew what PHD was but having never used it, didn't know it did dithering. I'd heard of Astrotortilla but assumed it was just another photography program that I didn't need - yet now I know it can be very useful (just got a guide cam and will be using it in a couple of weeks). Never knew what the histograms really did (probably still don't) but just that tip about the colours showing up at around 1/3 in indicating good exposure is a whopper for me!

Heck, I'm thinking this video alone is worth the price of BYE Premium. Can't wait to finish the other half and see what wonders unfold.

Thank you LOTS!

9 minutes ago, pmeloy said:

I'm only half way through the video and I'm getting really excited. I've used BYE for years and never really learned anything about it except for snaps and exposures. I knew there was more to it but didn't think any of that applied to me - wow, did I change my mind.

This isn't so much a video about BYE itself as a wide ranging instruction video on astrophotograpy as it stood when the video was made. I knew what PHD was but having never used it, didn't know it did dithering. I'd heard of Astrotortilla but assumed it was just another photography program that I didn't need - yet now I know it can be very useful (just got a guide cam and will be using it in a couple of weeks). Never knew what the histograms really did (probably still don't) but just that tip about the colours showing up at around 1/3 in indicating good exposure is a whopper for me!

Heck, I'm thinking this video alone is worth the price of BYE Premium. Can't wait to finish the other half and see what wonders unfold.

Thank you LOTS!

I'm blushing.... thank you for the kind words.