Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Stickstation Support

Ron Hillstromb

Question

I know this was addressed in the General topic but thought I would put it down here where you look when you have time to play a bit.  Just to keep it on the platter.

I bought one and really like it.  When Microsoft put out the November upgrade Win 10 1511 it killed the provided display program.  Now if I want to use the stick I have to use either of the Win 8.1 Pro or Win 7 computers. 

I only use it to display on site weather readings and not for other uses it has capabilities for.

Thanks

Ron

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 answers to this question

This is done.  Look for in it the next release.  BYE 3.1.7 and BYN 1.0.6.

I have also removed Yahoo as a provider since Yahoo WOEID is no longer working.

EDIT: The Stickstation software has to be running for BYE/BYN to read it.  This is because BYE/BYN reads the Stickstation from its software boltwood file which the Stickstation updates very frequently.  It was easier and safer to implement this way as BYE/BYN does not have to worry about firmware update of the Stickstation.

Thank you.

This is done.  Look for in it the next release.  BYE 3.1.7 and BYN 1.0.6.

I have also removed Yahoo as a provider since Yahoo WOEID is no longer working.

EDIT: The Stickstation software has to be running for BYE/BYN to read it.  This is because BYE/BYN reads the Stickstation from its software boltwood file which the Stickstation updates very frequently.  It was easier and safer to implement this way as BYE/BYN does not have to worry about firmware update of the Stickstation.

Thank you.

Hi Guylain,

Are you selling the Stickstation? I searched in your webpage however, I couldn't find it. Any information will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks, Diego

Archived