Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

Secure connection failed at download attempt

Yanlisman

Question

Hi Team

Unable to download the software for Canon EOS:

I'm getting a "Secure connection failed" notice in the browser. On both Mozilla FF and MS Edge.

Regards

Rob

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to ips-cic-filestore.s3.amazonaws.com. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

10 answers to this question

Hi Team

Finally sorted the download. Had to go via a VPN to get it though.

Screen shot of error attached prior to VPN

Same error seen on both lap top and PC (Only laptop has the VPN installed btw).

Both Win 10 machines running windows stock anti virus and fire wall.

Looks most like a Virgin Media network setting somewhere is astray. Although this is the first download of a great many that has ever thrown this error.

All the other telescope (and indeed work) related software has downloaded without issue.

Regards

Rob

Image1.jpg

Ok, I think I have pinned the issue down to my Netgear Router and it's "Nighthawk" security software that has determined the download to be Malware.

I can only assume that you may have outdated security certification on the download link.

Hope of use

Rob

Screenshot_20210107_120413_com.netgear.netgearup.jpg

The site is hosted on Amazon AWS and the certificate is 100% valid, I would not be able to process credit card purchases on the site without a valid certificate.  If this was a server issue everyone would be getting the error and since you're the only one reporting it has to be at your end.

Glad you found the cause. A+

Regards,

Hi Team

Yes, the answer in hind-sight is to un-block the s3.amaoznaws site in the router to allow the download through (and then re-block) and that indeed is the best answer.

I'm not alone though, it appears it's all down to how the s3.amazonaws site is viewed by a whole swath of web security software companies;

Couple of comments I've just found below - there are however a lot more.

Hope of use

Regards Rob

BYE is great BTW. Beyond what I'd expected could be achieved.

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg