Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

BYE 3.1.18 Reporting Celsius instead of Freedom Units

gfunkernator

Question

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

14 answers to this question

43 minutes ago, gfunkernator said:

I tried this but it didnt work (ver 3.1).  I want to reiterate that the actual F temperature was displayed but with a C after it.  Changing to F in BYE settings will display the C number with an F after it.

ummm, odd.  Thanks for the extra info,

I haven't tried that but if I set pegasus to degF and BYE to degF, BYE displays double the original temperature.  For example if pegasus is reading the ambient temp as 54F, BYE will read that as 108F, but when I set BYE back to degC it will display close to what pegasus is reading.  It's hard to explain I'll upload some screenshots and I will also try your suggestion.

I don't think I can fix this.  Sadly, the Pegasus API does not provide the actual temperature units, I'm unable to read if the numbers reported by Pegasus are in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius.  The only way to have BYE display them in Fahrenheit is to set Pegasus to Celsius and then in BYE set the weather center to Fahrenheit and BYE will do the conversion.... hope this makes sense.