Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
NEVER POST YOUR KEY IN ANY PUBLIC FORUM, INCLUDING THE O'TELESCOPE SUPPORT FORUM ::: IF YOU DO YOUR KEY WILL BE DEACTIVATED WITHOUT NOTICE!

license Expired ? Shouldn't be!!!!

radyer

Question

Bought a $50 BackyardEOS 3.1 Premium Edition order #20697 on January 14. 2014. My Key is:  <<key removed >> and was using it until last week. Changed computer programs around on computer now it's gone. When i try to download another it said i already bought one. I am using a Canon 450D for imaging. How can i get it back? If an upgrade to 3.2 would run my Canon 450D I would consider an upgrade but not for $50. Please let me have my old 3.1 program back!

3on January 14, 2014. 

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Well that was reckless.... you just posted your private software key on a public forum and since some folks have RSS feeds you have just share your key with the world  This is a clear violation for the end user license agreement and I have a zero tolerance on this.

Please read carefully your key information on "My Purchases -> Orders".  Your purchase key is there and it is not expired... purchase key do not expire.

The key you posted in your post above is YOUR EXPIRED TRIAL KEY and it is NOT your purchase key associated with the order #20697.

You are lucky that the key you posted was your expired trial key.  Had it been your purchase key you would have been banned for life automatically and your purchase key would have been deactivated.

Please be carefully when posting on public forums. Never, ever, post your key on a public forum.

Regards.

7 hours ago, radyer said:

When i try to download another it said i already bought one. I am using a Canon 450D for imaging. How can i get it back? 

3on January 14, 2014. 

You are confusing 2 different things.  If you get this message it means you are trying to add a trial again in your cart to get a second trial key. Not sure why you are trying to do this.

Since you already have a key, all you need to do is go directly to the download page, then download and install the new version... then head to "My Purchases -> Orders" to access your key 24/7.

Again, as a reminder... if you ever share your purchase key on a public forum again it will be deactivated and you will be banned for life... please post with caution in the future.

Regards

Your post said that you have been using BYE 3.1 since early 2014. This cannot be since it was released in 2015. so either you have the incorrect year or you have been using BYE 3.0. If you were using BYE 3.0 then you should have saved the multi-line license key that was issued at the time of purchase. You can follow the "Upgrade instructions" link at the bottom of this page to upgrade your 3.0 license to a free 3.1 license. Then download BYE 3.2.0 and apply the new license key to get up and running.

If you had the year wrong and have already been using BYE 3.1 then to access your purchased license keys you need to log onto this web site with the same username that you used to purchase the licenses. Once logged on you click on the My Purchases tab and select Orders to see your keys. There is no need to download anything as long as you still have the BYE or BYN installation kity, just execute it. If you don't have the installation kit, go to the Downloads page and download and install it. Once installed you simply copy/paste your purchased license key into the validation dialog. If you already have a key there is no need to go to the Store