Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
PLEASE READ ==> If you get a StructureMap or EdsInitializeSDK() error please RE-INSTALL before posting in the forum <==
Sign in to follow this  
artbraun2712

Error When Trying to Image with New Canon M50

Question

Hello

I have a new Canon EOS M50. When I install it on my telescope with my T adapter and start up BYE I am encountering a problem when I try to obtain a preview image or take an image at all. When I use Frame and Focus, the Live view works great but when I try to take a snapshot from Frame an focus the same problem occurs. In both situations (Imaging and Frame and Focus) the program goes into Busy and never takes a shot and never comes out of busy. The busy indicator just keeps circling. I have to force quite BYE to get anything working again. 

I am using the latest version of BYE, The latest Version of Windows 10 Home all running on a new Dell Inspiron 14 Laptop.

Any help would be much appreciated. My older Canon 400D Rebel XTi works perfectly fine but I really want the M50 to replace it. The log file from the two aborted sessions are attached.

logfile-[20200622-13h26m04s572]-[11520]-2020-06-22.txt logfile-[20200622-13h24m47s740]-[3876]-2020-06-22.txt

2 answers to this question

Fixed! Custom Function Setting on the M50 - enable shutter operation without a lens attached. A little tough to find. Chalk it up to a newbie with a new camera. No action required.

Edited by artbraun2712
Mispellings