Jump to content

Canada's top-tier Telescopes & Accessories
Be as specific as possible when reporting issues and *ALWAYS* include the full version number of the application you are using and your exact *CAMERA MODEL*
PLEASE READ ==> If you get a StructureMap or EdsInitializeSDK() error please RE-INSTALL before posting in the forum <==
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
NewBee101

Connection issues with eos 1300d

Question

I have been using Backyard EOS successfully for some time now with the EOS 1300d.  Recently, Backyard EOS refused to connect to the camera.  The log shows this;

13:59:22  Licensed to NewBee101
13:59:22  BackyardEOS 3.1.18 Premium Edition
13:59:40  Attempting to connect camera...
13:59:40  Canon drivers 'Canon\' initialized.
13:59:40  Camera Not Found!  Make sure it's connected to the PC and turned ON :)

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing both drivers and backyard eos - no success.  Wifi is turned off in the camera and the eos utility is NOT installed.  The camera shows up in the device manager.  OS is windows 10.0.18632.836.  I have tried the camera on a friends computer and it works with the same cables & software & setup.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Robert

Edited by NewBee101
added extra info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

You seem to have checked most of the obvious things that can prevent BYE from connecting.

If Windows sees the camera and the Canon driver loads this confirms good cabling, WiFi is disabled in the camera, and that the camera appears to be functioning. By connecting it to another PC you have also confirmed the camera and cabling are functioning. So it would seem that there is a problem with your PC.

Is the failure caused by Windows updates? Has Windows caused the USB ports to shutdown as a power saving measure? If you restore from before the latest Windows Update, does that fix your issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Try with EOS Utility.  I'm curious to see if it will connect to EOS Utility given that device manager is listing your camera as connected to Windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, admin said:

Try with EOS Utility.  I'm curious to see if it will connect to EOS Utility given that device manager is listing your camera as connected to Windows.

I have tried EOS Utility, and does not make any change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 hours ago, astroman133 said:

You seem to have checked most of the obvious things that can prevent BYE from connecting.

If Windows sees the camera and the Canon driver loads this confirms good cabling, WiFi is disabled in the camera, and that the camera appears to be functioning. By connecting it to another PC you have also confirmed the camera and cabling are functioning. So it would seem that there is a problem with your PC.

Is the failure caused by Windows updates? Has Windows caused the USB ports to shutdown as a power saving measure? If you restore from before the latest Windows Update, does that fix your issue?

My friend that had a look at at my computer said that windows may be the issue. I have been through the device manager and enabled all the power saving devices,  that windows sets by default, no change. It is as if some thing has turned something off, but what? We have a computer technician in town, so I will get him to have a look as well unfortunatley 

 

2 minutes ago, astroman133 said:

So neither BYE nor the EOS Utility will connect to your camera?

That's correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

To astroman 133

My friend that had a look at at my computer said that windows may be the issue. I have been through the device manager and enabled all the power saving devices,  that windows sets by default, no change. It is as if some thing has turned something off, but what? We have a computer technician in town, so I will get him to have a look as well, unfortunately they are not firmilular with the astroph programs and how they work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, NewBee101 said:

To astroman 133

My friend that had a look at at my computer said that windows may be the issue. I have been through the device manager and enabled all the power saving devices,  that windows sets by default, no change. It is as if some thing has turned something off, but what? We have a computer technician in town, so I will get him to have a look as well, unfortunately they are not firmilular with the astroph programs and how they work.

They don't need to know anything about astrophotography software, the issue is between Canon and Windows.

Focus on getting the camera/EOS Utility working for now.  Once your camera can connect to Canon's software EOS Utility the if will connect to BYE.  

Hope this makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

It appears that there is a driver issue, my local tech' put a new hard drive in and installed APT and BYEOS. It worked with APT no problems, but for BYEOS I didn't have my licence key with me so we are thinking if it will work with one program it will work with the other, because I was having the same issues with both programs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies to offer your a better browsing experience. You can adjust your cookie settings. By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link or continuing to browse otherwise, you agree to the use of cookies, our Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Use